• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Weather (Temperature)

Started by szabi, February 05, 2017, 02:05:37 PM

szabi

Hello,

Is there any plugin like "Say Time" but for weather using real recorded voice instead of TTS? Getting XML data from a server, then choosing and playing the right wav file, for example: if it's 14°c degrees then open intro.wav (Our temerature is:) + 14c.wav (fourteen degrees)

Thank you

Capt_Fuzzy

In the realm of 'internet radio' a weather report is pretty much useless, since most people that listen to your station over the internet are probably not in your immediate area, so a weather report really has no impact on them...
If you still wish to do this, I would think that the best way would be to use some form of SQL query to pull it off, there is no plugin, that I'm aware of anyway, that would do this for you.
Steve 'Capt Fuzzy' Wade
Proud & Satisfied "Long-term" RadioDJ User
(Currently making the transition to v2)

WVRR - Ridgerunners Radio
The best mix of your favorites!

szabi

Quote from: Capt_Fuzzy on February 05, 2017, 05:59:46 PM
In the realm of 'internet radio' a weather report is pretty much useless, since most people that listen to your station over the internet are probably not in your immediate area, so a weather report really has no impact on them...
If you still wish to do this, I would think that the best way would be to use some form of SQL query to pull it off, there is no plugin, that I'm aware of anyway, that would do this for you.

I understand your pont, and I'm on a same opinion with you, however the station I'm setting up the RadioDJ is a local radio, also broadcasting on FM around the whole city. Could you suggest a script or a way I can find it out to make this work? I'm ok with PHP and some SQL querys but I have no idea where to start with this one :)

anyway, thank you for your quick help/respone

Szabi

plauri

Quote from: szabi on February 05, 2017, 06:30:20 PM
I understand your pont, and I'm on a same opinion with you, however the station I'm setting up the RadioDJ is a local radio, also broadcasting on FM around the whole city. Could you suggest a script or a way I can find it out to make this work? I'm ok with PHP and some SQL querys but I have no idea where to start with this one :)

anyway, thank you for your quick help/respone

Szabi

About 8 years ago I wrote a project for the terrestrial Fm radio station I worked for to do exactly what you are writing for, unfortunately I'm not good in programming and I couldn't find anybody doing it (my idea was using some C++, taking the data from meteo stations around the region, convert them into sound and make a wave or mp3 string to be played automatically and randomly in the playlist), so I gave up  :bash:
Funky Corner Radio
Radiodj v.2.0.4.5 (Windows 10)
http://www.funkycorner.radio
https://www.funkycorner.it
http://www.radiofunkycorner.com

szabi

Quote from: plauri on February 06, 2017, 01:33:18 AM
About 8 years ago I wrote a project for the terrestrial Fm radio station I worked for to do exactly what you are writing for, unfortunately I'm not good in programming and I couldn't find anybody doing it (my idea was using some C++, taking the data from meteo stations around the region, convert them into sound and make a wave or mp3 string to be played automatically and randomly in the playlist), so I gave up  :bash:

That is a good idea, I'm thinking about the same, only need some function like getting XML data for temperature from the server using weather station code (my location), and selecting the proper audio file (what's already recorded for me, all the temperature degrees for different files. I imagine a plug-in doing this: getting the temperature -> choosing the right wav file for the actual temperature, and playing it like the SayTime plugin does with current time.

I have some coding experience, but I'm afraid that is going to be a hard pain in the ***  ::)

Capt_Fuzzy

I don't know who you might contact in Hungary, but in the U.S., I can get recorded weather conditions from the National Weather Service and/or NOAA.
They are available via RSS feed if I'm not mistaken, but then again, this is for the U.S., I don't know if there's something similar for your area or not...
Steve 'Capt Fuzzy' Wade
Proud & Satisfied "Long-term" RadioDJ User
(Currently making the transition to v2)

WVRR - Ridgerunners Radio
The best mix of your favorites!

plauri

Infact, now there are rss feed that do the job, but when I first thought this (8 years ago) I first made a search and nobody offered a service like that.
Funky Corner Radio
Radiodj v.2.0.4.5 (Windows 10)
http://www.funkycorner.radio
https://www.funkycorner.it
http://www.radiofunkycorner.com

Marius

Give me a day or two and i will try to put together a plugin for you, Szabi. Ok?
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

szabi

Quote from: Marius on February 06, 2017, 06:45:37 PM
Give me a day or two and i will try to put together a plugin for you, Szabi. Ok?

Wow, that would be great, Marius! take your time :) And thank you in advance.

szabi

Quote from: plauri on February 06, 2017, 04:38:31 PM
Infact, now there are rss feed that do the job, but when I first thought this (8 years ago) I first made a search and nobody offered a service like that.

Exactly. Few years ago I was setting up the BSI's Simian automation for a radio station I worked for, that does the exactly  job, but I think they made it too complicated. Using a standalone exe always running in the background, getting data from openweathermap and saving to a .ini file, then the automation software somehow was reading that ini as a macro in scheduled events. I think it could be more simple like a plugin.

Marius

One question: how would you like the play the files? In the playlist, or over music?
My guess is that since you want to play also an intro, you want them in the main playlist, but i want to be sure. :)
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

szabi

Quote from: Marius on February 09, 2017, 12:02:44 PM
One question: how would you like the play the files? In the playlist, or over music?
My guess is that since you want to play also an intro, you want them in the main playlist, but i want to be sure. :)

Hi Marius,

Yes, we would like to use it as a separate block like commercials etc. in the main playlist between songs.

Thank you

Anderson

Good job, thank you plugin weather forecast :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok:

Skyfire

Where might we be able to find this plugin??

Jhonny

Quote from: Skyfire on April 12, 2018, 05:05:46 PM
Where might we be able to find this plugin??

It's under construction.
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English