• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Mixer Setup Problems

Started by RFU, March 25, 2017, 06:51:52 PM

RFU

So, I ended up with a Phonic MU 802 mixer

This is a schematic of the ports on the mixer

And I set it up according to this, matching the colors

And because I had the monitor speakers plugged into the soundcard, I plugged them into a USB sound card

Nothing worked and no stream was going to the internet. And RadioDJ said I don't have a soundcard installed when it starts up.

So, I unplugged the mixer and plugged the monitor speakers back into the soundcard.

The monitor speakers work and RadioDJ is broadcasting to the internet but when it starts up it still says no sound card is installed.

The soundcard is

Pink = mic
Blue = line
Green = spk1
Orange = spk2
Black = spk3

How do I get this working?
Гордий бути українцем, Ми - Радіо Вільної України.

RFU

This has turned into a complete  fucking disaster  >:D

Now RadioDJ doesn't see my soundcard

All drivers have been updated in an attempt to fix the problem

I can't import anything

I can't change any soundcard settings. If I try I get an error
************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at RadioDJ.FormConfig.BSaveGenSettingsClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

If I click on quit, it quits the program
If I click on continue, it plays to the end of the current song and then can't find anything and needs to be restarted

When it starts I get
InvalidArgument=Value of '-101' is not valid for 'selectedIndex'
Parameter name:SelectedIndex
Unhandled exception

RFU

i tried this suggestion and it doesn't help
http://www.radiodj.ro/community/index.php?topic=4862.msg28085#msg28085

I tried this suggestion and it just made it worse

http://www.radiodj.ro/community/index.php?topic=4453.msg25866#msg25866

Marius

In the windows playback devices can you see the sound card? RadioDJ is using the devices reported by Windows.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

RFU

Yes,device manager and AIMP see it

For some reason I can't make any changes in RadioDJ or it crashes

RFU

I ordered a C-Media USB sound card

This external sound processor is equipped with a USB interface, just connect it to your computer's USB port and enjoy the 5.1-channel audio. The device supports the Dolby Digital and Dolby Headphone, and all DVD formats. By connecting any audio source to the line input, you can get a high quality 5.1 audio for your home theater. Integrated optical output will bring the 6-channel audio decoder to another. With an optical input, you can also connect your laptop to a digital audio decoder.

Features:

• Compact USB-audio adapter in an aluminum casing with an optical input and output.

• Supports AES / EBU, IEC60958, S / PDIF consumer formats for stereo audio PCM.

• Supports digital recording function with 32 kHz, 44 kHz and 48 kHz sampling frequency.

• Full-duplex playback / recording audio stream without sound card in your computer.

• Isochronous transfer uses adaptive and asynchronous synchronization.

• analog recording function.

Specifications:

• Supports Plug and play technology.

• Hardware audio decoder.

• SPDIF input and output.

• Analog input and microphone input.

• The SCMS protection.

• DAC 16-bit / 48 kHz.

• ADC 16-bit / 48 kHz.

• Support for 5.1 sound.

• Interface: USB 2.0.

• Power: from the USB port.

• Size:. 8.5 x 6 x 2 cm

• Weight: 189 g

Connectors:

• digital input.

• Digital output.

• Line input.

• Microphone input.

• Headphone.

• Login FL / FR Front speakers.

• Input RL / RR Rear speakers.

• Log C / W center speaker, and a subwoofer.

System requirements:

• Free USB port.

• Operating System: Microsoft Windows 2000 / XP / Vista / Seven.

Packaging:

1 x External USB sound card audio channels 6 5.1

1 x USB-cable

1 x CD Driver

Hopefully this will fix the soundcard problem

RFU

Marius, is that going to work?

Capt_Fuzzy

Quote from: RFU on April 01, 2017, 01:17:03 PM
Marius, is that going to work?
You'll never know until you try it...  ;)
Steve 'Capt Fuzzy' Wade
Proud & Satisfied "Long-term" RadioDJ User
(Currently making the transition to v2)

WVRR - Ridgerunners Radio
The best mix of your favorites!

FreerunMedia

Another thing, RadioDJ only accept the settings if you close it and restart it. Than the sounddevices should be in the audio setup of RadioDJ. Now some cards need to have a connector put in it. If the on board soundcard is active but nothing is in the output connector, RadioDJ won't see it. First try to put a headphone jack in the on board sound output. If it works, you have to disable the on board soundcard.

After the restart it is possbile you can select the "external" audio board. If you still can't see it, check the drivers. Put audio jacks in the outputs and try. If it works, DON'T! pull out one of the jacks otherwise it will crash on you because there is "no audio device to play audio to".
Running 3 editions V1.8.2 at www.salto.nl and v1.8.2 at radio251.nl. ( NOW with 2 live studio's! )

RFU

It's been restarted many times and that doesn't help

The jacks may (probably) have been unplugged while it was running when I was trying to install the mixer. So that obviously caused the crash and "no audio device to play audio to". But it's been restarted many times since then. Should't the soundcard have "reset" in radiodj?

FreerunMedia

Quote from: RFU on April 03, 2017, 11:53:45 AM
It's been restarted many times and that doesn't help

The jacks may (probably) have been unplugged while it was running when I was trying to install the mixer. So that obviously caused the crash and "no audio device to play audio to". But it's been restarted many times since then. Should't the soundcard have "reset" in radiodj?

Yes that is true but if you leave the audio jack out of the audio connection, it won't see the audiodevice and it wont start or crash out. You need to have the jack inserted in the main output that RadioDJ uses, like "front left and right". Some of the "external ( PCI or PCIe ) cards do exactly the same and sence if an audio jack is inserted.
Running 3 editions V1.8.2 at www.salto.nl and v1.8.2 at radio251.nl. ( NOW with 2 live studio's! )

RFU

Well, it does have the monitor speakers plugged into it, and it still crashes

Right now it's configured exactly the same way it was before I tried to hook up the mixer

I can hear the station in the monitors, and it is broadcasting to the internet. But, I still can't add new content or make any changes to the soundcard settings

The problem with new content just cropped up last week on the 28th. it was on the 24th that I tried to install the mixer.
Since then I've upgraded from MySQL to MariaDB and while that fixed some DB problems I was having, it didn't do anything for the soundcard problem

FreerunMedia

Quote from: RFU on April 03, 2017, 01:42:06 PM
Well, it does have the monitor speakers plugged into it, and it still crashes

Right now it's configured exactly the same way it was before I tried to hook up the mixer

I can hear the station in the monitors, and it is broadcasting to the internet. But, I still can't add new content or make any changes to the soundcard settings

The problem with new content just cropped up last week on the 28th. it was on the 24th that I tried to install the mixer.
Since then I've upgraded from MySQL to MariaDB and while that fixed some DB problems I was having, it didn't do anything for the soundcard problem
I would sugest to unzip RadioDJ again and overwrite the files exept the "XML" files in the root folder. Maybe the "BASS.ddl" could be damaged so try this and see if this could work.

RFU

I get the new USB soundcard tomorrow. I'll try that and if it doesn't work, I'll do as you suggest

And if THAT doesn't work, then it's a complete reinstall, losing almost a years worth of work

RFU

So, I installed the new soundcard and drivers and after a reboot, RadioDJ didn't find it, and crashed when I looked at Options > Soundcards

I was going to overwrite everything but decided to try overwriting the soundcard xml with the "out of the box" one. That solved the problem. I guess the xml file was corrupted.

Now, I have the mixer plugged in according to the previous image. Can someone tell me what to set under Options > Soundcard?