• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Events plays Default rotation instead of scheduled rotation.

Started by Yvette - Hitz24, August 05, 2017, 05:07:44 PM

Yvette - Hitz24

Hi everyone,

I use RadioDJ for several years now for 4 radiostations. It works like a charm.
But now I encounter a strange problem.

Every TOTH we have events scheduled with a few actions:

1. clear playlist
2. load track - newsopener
3. load track - news
4. load rotation - MORNING A

1. clear playlist
3. load track - news
4. load rotation - AFTERNOON A

However, instead of playing the rotation MORNING A, RadioDJ plays the rotation named DEFAULT.
In the afternoon, all events with the rotation AFTERNOON are played 100% correct.
And yes, the rotation MORNING A really exists...

I have compared the TOTH events of both and there are no differences.

Does anyone have a suggestion how to solve this problem?

Yvette
Streaming Hit Music

Jhonny

You used on and off Auto DJ in the event?

Like:
0. disable Auto DJ
1. clear playlist
3. load track - news
5. Enable Auto DJ

0. Disable AutoDJ
1. clear playlist
3. load track - news
5. Enable Auto DJ

Else on Clear it's possibly the playlist is filled and the rest is ad the bottum of the list.
Or:

0. disable Auto DJ
1. clear playlist
2 load rotation - MORNING A
3. load track - news
4. load track - newsopener
5. Enable Auto DJ

Little bit different if it's on top an If I'm wrong:

0. disable Auto DJ
1. clear playlist
2 load rotation - MORNING A
3. Enable Auto DJ
4. load track - news
5. load track - newsopener
(6. Play)

R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

PROducer

I agree with Jhonny.  If you leave Auto DJ enabled, when you clear the playlist, it will reload the current rotation right away, and then change to the new rotation.

Also, events will load new tracks to the top of the playlist, so, as Jhonny said, you probably want to load the rotation before the news events, and the with those, load news first before the news opener.  That will put the opener at the top to play first, followed by the news, then the rotation.

Yvette - Hitz24

Hi,

Maybe I wasn't clear in my first post.
We have no troubles in making events. We know how to do it.
The way our TOTH events are made, is working for several stations, and is working for all hours.
One exception: The MORNING rotation is not started, he starts the DEFAULT rotation.

As you can see below, both events are no different:

Event 1
1. clear playlist
3. load track - news

Event 2
1. clear playlist
3. load track - news

RadioDJ will start rotation AFTERNOON A, but it fails to start MORNING A. Though both rotations excist and both events are the same.

How is that explained?

Yvette

Streaming Hit Music

PROducer

Do you also have a DEFAULT rotation?  Did this happen only once, or does it continue to happen like this? Are the times set for the event correct?  It's difficult to say without seeing how the events are set.

Yvette - Hitz24

I have attached a few pictures:

A picture which shows that the rotation really exists.
A picture which shows the first few lines in the actual rotation.
A picture of event 1, which is not playing the scheduled rotation, but skips to the default rotation.
A picture of event 2, which shows an event that has similar actions as event 1. But this event is playing all actions correctly.

I work with RadioDJ for several years now and this is the first problem I encounter that is not logical at all.
I cannot find the cause of this.

Of course I can put the same format in the DEFAULT rotation, but it will be a workaround, no solution.
There must be a solution.
There must be something thats causes this.

Yvette

[attachment deleted by admin]
Streaming Hit Music

Yvette - Hitz24

Here are the next two pictures.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Streaming Hit Music

PROducer

What I'm seeing is you're leaving Auto DJ on.  What this does is has RadioDJ keep populating the playlist with the current rotation.

I would turn Auto DJ off, the clear the playlist, load your news intro & new files, change the rotation, then turn auto DJ back on.

Also, if your goal is to have the news play hourly, I'd switch the Event Type to happen by Day & Hour.  As it's set up right now, your news will only air where it happens to land in the playlist when it's generated by the event, which is not necessarily at the top of the list.  (Because Auto DJ is on)

Since you're saying that the Default Rotation keeps loading, I would also look for another event that is executing that is changing the rotation to Default. It's probably scheduled to happen at or near the same time as your event to change to the Morning Rotation A.

Yvette - Hitz24

Dear all,

Thanks for all your replies, but you are not getting the point. You keep postings solutions to problems that are not there.

Please read my post again. And when you do, you will find out that all my events play 100% correct, except one.

So, you would expect that this event is different from all the other events, but it isn't.

Again my question (Maybe Marius can look into it):
How is it possible that all my events are set up in the same way, and all events play correct, except one.

Thanks again for looking into this very weird problem.

Yvette

Streaming Hit Music

PROducer

My final piece of advice is to recreate the event, then delete the old one.

I just had to do this with a song that would not show up in rotations, it was even skipped if put in the online request queue.  My guess was there was something with the database entry for the song that RadioDJ didn't like.

Yvette - Hitz24

Streaming Hit Music