Author Topic: 2 RadioDJ  (Read 1026 times)

andrei1412

2 RadioDJ
« on: September 10, 2017, 11:29:58 AM »
Hi,

I would like to run one instance of RadioDJ on the Windows server for backup and one for live show at DJ (Inserting File type - internet stream to be live), but i have one problem: i need to sync the playout history to avoid track repetition.
The instances have its own database. How can i do this, if is possible. I hope i made myself clear.

FreerunMedia

• Personal Text
    Proud user of RadioDJ
    • Radio 251 , Gewoon gezellig
Re: 2 RadioDJ
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 12:51:41 PM »
Hi,

I would like to run one instance of RadioDJ on the Windows server for backup and one for live show at DJ (Inserting File type - internet stream to be live), but i have one problem: i need to sync the playout history to avoid track repetition.
The instances have its own database. How can i do this, if is possible. I hope i made myself clear.

That is possible but for me difficult to explain. It is handled in the forum though. The main thing is, you need to tell both RadioDJ systems, to look at the same database. There is a little catch, if RadioDJ 1 finds a track that can't be played, it disables the file and RadioDJ 2 is not able to use that file again even though it's on that local drive.

Keep it simple and if you want a backup RadioDJ running, keep it as a back up. Local files to play, local DBase and let it run on it's own. It is a backup. Besides that it is very likely that both systems play the same track at the same time or after eachother.
Running 3 editions V1.8.2 at www.salto.nl and v1.8.2 at radio251.nl. ( NOW with 2 live studio's! )

plauri

• Funky Corner Radio
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 01:10:21 PM »
I think this is an improvement Marius is workink at in the next release  :P
Funky Corner Radio
http://www.funkycorner.radio
https://www.funkycorner.it
http://www.radiofunkycorner.com

andrei1412

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 04:15:25 PM »
That is possible but for me difficult to explain. It is handled in the forum though. The main thing is, you need to tell both RadioDJ systems, to look at the same database. There is a little catch, if RadioDJ 1 finds a track that can't be played, it disables the file and RadioDJ 2 is not able to use that file again even though it's on that local drive.

Keep it simple and if you want a backup RadioDJ running, keep it as a back up. Local files to play, local DBase and let it run on it's own. It is a backup. Besides that it is very likely that both systems play the same track at the same time or after eachother.

Personally i just need to Sync from database RadioDJ - table "history" to 2nd copy of RadioDJ.
How can i do this?
To avoid track repetition, i can insert from table History - RadioDJ instance 1 to History of Radio DJ instance 2

Jhonny

• Personal Text
    Peace, enjoy life, last sleep is longer than live!
    • Jhonny's RadioDJ tutorials.
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 05:21:30 PM »
Do you have 2 different databases in one sql server.
like rdj1 and rdj2

Think you have to search for synchronize database.

Or backup database rdj1 and restore it in rdj2.

R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs, I do tuts. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) visit  https://radiodj.info

Testing RadioDJ v2.0.3.1 Beta

andrei1412

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 07:33:44 PM »
Do you have 2 different databases in one sql server.
like rdj1 and rdj2

Think you have to search for synchronize database.

Or backup database rdj1 and restore it in rdj2.

I think it would be a tooon easier just to create a script, which the deejay runs before show to auto-import the table "history" from RDJ1 to RDJ2. Maybe i will found a way to do this.