Author Topic: Adding pauses to playlists  (Read 593 times)

Richard - Radio Rubery

• New User

Adding pauses to playlists
« on: October 13, 2017, 11:13:41 PM »
Fairly new to RadioDJ having only been using it for a few weeks but so far loving how comprehensive it is especially when comparing it to the more expensive paid for products.  My background in radio automation/live assist is all using Myriad so I have been trying to replicate as much as possible and so far it has all been very encouraging.  There is, however, one element I can't quite find how to do and that is add pauses into a playlist.

To put this into context whenever I used to create playlists for presenters in Myriad that were then used in live assist mode I could insert a "pause" onto the list so that the presenter knew when to talk before restarting the playlist again using the relevant hotkey.  I know it can be done by by manually pressing the Automation/Assist button and also by adding Enable Assist in the events creator but is there any way of doing it to a manually created playlist?

Overall though I am extremely impressed with the entire system and am looking forward to using it in a live environment and not just on a test server :D

PROducer

• Personal Text
    Long Time Radio Guy
    • The Rooster
Re: Adding pauses to playlists
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 12:09:46 AM »
Create  a manual event that only stops the playlist.  Add the event to the rotation where you want the presenter to talk, RDJ will stop playing after previous song ends.

Although I haven't tried this, I think it should work based on how other functions in RDJ work.  :hihi:

Richard - Radio Rubery

• New User

Re: Adding pauses to playlists
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 10:10:06 AM »
Well guess what!  It works :ok: I hadn't even thought of adding events into the playlist but as soon as you mentioned it I knew it would work.  That has just save me a whole load of time and means I can now go ahead and generate hourly playlists that allow for presenter interaction (also saves lazy presenters like me from forgetting to toggle assist mode lol)