RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum

Now Playing Plugin. Add genre?

Offline PresidentOfACPJ

• We play all kinds of Rock!
    • RADIO ROCK FM - O ROCK ALTERNATIVO COM PITADAS DE CLASSIC ROCK!
Re: Now Playing Plugin. Add genre?
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2019, 07:39:16 AM »
Yeah, currently the genre "name" is not a part of the stream variables but could be added into the next version. You would have to have the genre id numbers listed as variables in your php script and assigned the name values to the corresponding id number in the script.

It can be done but not through RadioDJ unless you are connecting to the MYSQL database directly.

example php:

If genre Rock had the id number 12

if ($genreid == "12") { $genre = "Rock";
}

Actually RadioDJv2 acept it...

Just go to C:\RadioDJv2\templates\NowPlaying

So openthe file TextTemplate.txt and insert there:

$genre-id$
a
Ready to go!

UPDATE:  I noticed now that really it wont work, because its gonna show only the ID, not the word of the genre :( only with that php code,like if (genre == 6  ){echo rock}; or something like this :)
RĂ¡dio Rock FM:

http://radiorockfm.com.br/
twitter.com/radiorockfmreal/
fb.com/radiorockfmreal/

Re: Now Playing Plugin. Add genre?
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2019, 04:40:38 PM »
I wanna know if is it posible t add, the current song playing tags into radiodj database, gettint the tag on the web, then insertin into db then use heid sql manually or automatically to insert tags from database into original mp3 files.

IS IT POSIBLE?

i want to do it automatically in mass. a lot of files at the same time, can it be done automatically only by playing songs normally in radiodj, and using demoscript? nad maybe a script else to make the databse be inserted into mp3 files?

look at a program named "MusicBrainz Picard"
it will batch analyze your mp3 files, get metadata tags from it's web database collection, and update the metatags embedded in the mp3 file.

or, you could write a powershell script to use a dll named libtag_lite (not sure of exact name), which can read and write metadata tags to files on disk. such a script could also connect to your RDJ database and update data in the Songs table.