• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Going Open-Source

Started by defsteph, December 22, 2017, 11:29:53 AM

defsteph

Having this shiny new version out is indeed awesome, and I'm sure we're all very happy that it's here.

I get how most users on this forum are probably not developers, but since I am, I would like to raise the question, if this project wouldn't be greatly helped by going open-source.

I have been using Radio DJ for almost 5 years, and the thought have been in the back of my head for quite a while. I have a few ideas on features that I would like, and I think I have a good idea on how to implement those.

Can we at least get the conversation started? (I tried searching the forums, and the question has been raised a few times before, but I have yet to see a conclusive, definitive answer)

Marius

The definitive answer was posted many times: it's a no.
Sorry if that isn't the one you expect...
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

defsteph

I'm sorry to hear that, I'm sure you have your reasons.

Thanks for taking the time to answer, yet again :)

xanaftp

Radio Automation is a very competitive market. It would be a bad idea to release such an advanced automation system such as RadioDJ as open source... it could easily be code-stolen by commercial radio automation companies and sold for their own profit. It will now be even a worse idea to open source RadioDJ given there will be a paid version of the software out in the future for commercial stations as well.