Author Topic: "monitor" with an audio interface  (Read 993 times)

AltaRadio

• New User

• Alta Community Radio
"monitor" with an audio interface
« on: January 17, 2018, 03:46:54 AM »
Hello, just upgraded from a soundblaster internal soundcard to an external audio interface (scarlett 6i6).  I'm having problems getting the "monitor" channel out to monitor tracks. 
With the soundblaster card, I just assigned main mix to "front" speakers and "monitor" to the rear speakers of the soundcard.  Then, I routed the two different outputs to two different channels on my mixer.  One channel, main mix, another for monitor. 

Now that I've upgraded to an audio interface, I seem to have no way to "split" the digital output of radio dj to main and monitor.  I have radio dj still configured the same as far as main/monitor front/rear. 
I get the main coming into the interface, just can't figure out how to get the monitor into the interface as a separate input.

Thanks,

Mica
Alta Radio
Mica

Alta Radio

Marius

• Administrator

• Radio DJ
Re: "monitor" with an audio interface
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 06:53:09 AM »
In v2 card split is not implemented yet, you will have to wait a few days for the new version.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

AltaRadio

• New User

• Alta Community Radio
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 07:50:53 PM »
Thanks for the reply Marius,
I think I'm still running version 1.  Haven't upgraded yet.  Still on 1.8.2. 

I don't know that Radiodj is the problem.  Possibly, the audio interface is limited.  When I used the former sound card, I could configure the outputs to use "surround sound/quadrophonic" i.e. front and rear separate speakers.  This worked very conveniently with the 'soundcards" options in radio dj as I could just assign main mix to front, and monitor to rear. 
To do this, I needed to configure the sound card in the "sound" section of control panel in windows.  Where I hit a roadblock now is in the same place, "sound" of control panel.  With the audio interface, there's no options to "configure" in control panel, thus only one output. 

Like I said, I don't think this is a fault on Radio DJ, just wondering if anyone has found a workaround.  I think I've upgraded for better sound but downgraded my routing options.  May have to just return to the lower quality sound card.
Mica

Alta Radio

AltaRadio

• New User

• Alta Community Radio
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 11:00:28 PM »
Spoke with sellers of the interface.  It is a limitation of the hardware.  I'll unfortunately be returning to the inferior sound card in order to be able to have the separate outputs.
Mica

Alta Radio

FreerunMedia

• Personal Text
    Proud user of RadioDJ
    • Radio 251 , Gewoon gezellig
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 01:57:13 PM »
I would sugest to put the soundblaster back in, leave the external card also connected! Set the BiOS to use all available audio devices and you should be safe. I am running a Terratec Fun as my "windows" soundcard and the on board audio card as my "program out" and it works fine.
Running 3 editions V1.8.2 at www.salto.nl and v1.8.2 at radio251.nl. ( NOW with 2 live studio's! )