• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Is it possible to run wordpress plugin twice

Started by gelson62, February 01, 2018, 09:25:45 PM

gelson62

I have one webserver with wordpress (our homepage). I have two studios on different locations. Is it possible to install the wordpress plugin for two webradios? If yes, how to do that?
Using: RDJ 2.0.3.7  -  Icecast 2.4.2  -  on Debian 9 (stretch)  -  Centova Cast  - MBRecaster 5.0.0.7 Free Version - XAMPP at Home PC with MariaDB

gelson62

Using: RDJ 2.0.3.7  -  Icecast 2.4.2  -  on Debian 9 (stretch)  -  Centova Cast  - MBRecaster 5.0.0.7 Free Version - XAMPP at Home PC with MariaDB

Marius

You can't run more instances of the same wordpress plugin.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

gelson62

How to change the plugin, so that wordpress recognize it as a new plugin?

Marius

It's not as easy as renaming a file or two. Having the same variable names in more than one plugin can cause conflicts, so it would require a huge amount of tedious work.
However for faster help, you can try to ask for help on Wordpress forums.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

gelson62

Thanks Marius. I have asked now the wordpress forum. If I receive an usable answer I will post it here.

gelson62

I have asked the wordpress forum and the answer was as follow:
QuoteReally, that's something the plugin's developer needs to address.
:(

DJ Garybaldy

And the developer of the Wordpress plugin is no longer active on these forums

You need to do 2 separate Wordpress installs on the same server and have one of the WP on each of those that's the easier way to do what you want.
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

gelson62

QuoteAnd the developer of the Wordpress plugin is no longer active on these forums

Where the developer has gone? Do you know if he has a homepage? Does he still develope new versions of the plugin?

hypadj33

Just to add to this im just about to install a second Wordpress site just a different install dir and see how it goes will post results

Jhonny

Quote from: gelson62 on December 10, 2018, 09:45:06 PM
Where the developer has gone? Do you know if he has a homepage? Does he still develope new versions of the plugin?
Don't think he will come back hi is/was very sick and can't find his home site any more.
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

hypadj33

Quote from: gelson62 on February 01, 2018, 09:25:45 PM
I have one webserver with wordpress (our homepage). I have two studios on different locations. Is it possible to install the wordpress plugin for two webradios? If yes, how to do that?

ok so you can create 2 wordpress sites on the same server, but thats the only way to have plugin twice why do you need 2 instances of wordpress plugin? will help people better understand

gelson62

We have two studios. In both studios there are different playlists. Perfect will be, when we can show the playlist from Studio1 and from studio2. Also the current playing song and the History of played songs.