RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum

Possible to schedule events outside of RadioDJ

Offline PROducer

• Long Time Radio Guy
    • The Rooster
Possible to schedule events outside of RadioDJ
« on: April 05, 2018, 08:24:53 PM »
I think it would be very beneficial if we could schedule events in our playlists if we are using an external Music Scheduler, then they could be scheduled in my clocks.  My scheduler exports to a .m3u playlist, and I can export two lines to that playlist: Title & Filename.  When I look at a .m3u Playlist in Playlist Builder, I see that everything has three lines of code per item:
Code: [Select]
#EXTINF:0,EVENT - 8-INSERT A TEASER
#RDJDATA:4
My issue seems to come from that if I generate a playlist, but include an event with just the lines:
Code: [Select]
#EXTINF:0,EVENT - 8-INSERT A TEASER
#RDJDATA:4
...only the events show up in the queue, no songs or Station IDs, or anything else.
Is it possible to make RadioDJ load an entire playlist without everything needing the "#RDJDATA" line? (example: Songs, IDs, VTs/Sweepers have the "#EXTINF" line, followed by the file's path, NO "#RDJDATA" but the events do have the "#RDJDATA" line instead of a filename)??

We would have better control as to WHERE in the clock an event happens (eg: between two audio elements) rather than WHEN.

For me, because I need to use a timed event to play teasers at the start & bottom of the hour, they are sometimes not airing before the first song in the hour, or I can get a teaser AND a Station ID/VT/Sweeper paired together at the bottom of the hour.

Marius, I hope you could make this happen in a future release.

Regards,
PROducer
 :)

Offline PROducer

• Long Time Radio Guy
    • The Rooster
Re: Possible to schedule events outside of RadioDJ
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 07:19:43 PM »
@Marius

I was just snooping around the Edit track tabs and found the start event / end event selectors.  Is it feasible to create a very short & silent audio file & use that to trigger events in the way I want (as explained above) without any noticeable delay from the trigger file? 

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 01:03:33 AM »
Hey PROducer,

Thought I'd offer my input here. I've had sucess with what you've suggested. I have some 1ms long WAV files which are silent and I have manual events assigned to them under "Start Event".

Setting the manual event under "End Event" doesn't work in my experience, probably because the tracks I use are only 1ms in length.

I use a few of these tracks to trigger our external recording software (to start and stop it) and run a batch file on another track.

Andrew.

Offline PROducer

• Long Time Radio Guy
    • The Rooster
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 05:22:20 AM »
Thought I'd offer my input here. I've had sucess with what you've suggested. I have some 1ms long WAV files which are silent and I have manual events assigned to them under "Start Event". Setting the manual event under "End Event" doesn't work in my experience, probably because the tracks I use are only 1ms in length. I use a few of these tracks to trigger our external recording software (to start and stop it) and run a batch file on another track.
I made my "dummy files" a tenth of a second, and have been having success using the End Event setting on my test machine.  Now I need to figure out what else I can implement into my clocks!