• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Disable and enable audio processing plugin using events

Started by andrewsmith86, April 13, 2018, 04:46:18 PM

andrewsmith86

Hi all,

Does anyone know if it's possible to use events to disable the audio processing plugin? Ideally, I'd like to be able to disable the audio processing plugin at the start of one particular track and then re enable it at the end of the track.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you.

Andrew.

DJ Garybaldy

Not currently possible AFAIK... If you don't need the built in audio processing then just remove the Plugin_SoundProcessing.dll & .xml files from the plugins directory.
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

Calypso

Quote from: andrewsmith86 on April 13, 2018, 04:46:18 PM
Hi all,

Does anyone know if it's possible to use events to disable the audio processing plugin? Ideally, I'd like to be able to disable the audio processing plugin at the start of one particular track and then re enable it at the end of the track.

Andrew.

The question that comes over me is... Why? Processing is especially used to maintain a certain "sound" of your music between the different tracks. When turning processing on/off between tracks, it just don't make sense to me...

znmd

Could be vital if you are going to play file that contains a recording of full, already processed show - to avoid double processing.

andrewsmith86

Hi all,

Znmd, you pretty much nailed it. We record live shows in our studio and then repeat them in order from 9pm on our server. Currently, we have the audio processing set to a fairly low level in the studio. I'd like to make it a little more aggressive in the studio and when the recorded shows get played out on our server which is also running RadioDJ, I don't want it to apply more audio processing to those already processed tracks.

I just wanted to see if it was possible really but if it isn't, fair enough and thanks to those who gave their input :)

Andrew.

PROducer

Quote from: andrewsmith86 on April 13, 2018, 04:46:18 PM
Hi all,

Andrew.

I'll suggest you look at this thread, first attempt before I went out drinking worked!

http://www.radiodj.ro/community/index.php?topic=11450.0

rkriggs

is it possible to record the show flat and when it is played back it is only processed 1 time?

Randy

PROducer

Do I remember reading that the Aux Players don't go through processing?  If so, maybe re-air the recording on an Aux Player.

Marius

Everything that goes to the main soundcard is routed thru the audio processing plugin. I will implement event actions to enable disable audio processing. Thanks for suggesting this.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

andrewsmith86

Hey Marius,

Many thanks for offering to make this change! :)

Andrew.

Paul E

Quote from: Marius on April 18, 2018, 09:21:52 AM
Everything that goes to the main soundcard is routed thru the audio processing plugin. I will implement event actions to enable disable audio processing. Thanks for suggesting this.

When you say "Everything", does that also include any sound that comes in through the Input ? ie when I speak into the Input is my voice Audio Processed ?

I have a workaround for the audio processing button, I use a free and indispensable app called AutoHotKey. You can use it to record/create mouse clicks and they are saved as .ahk files. These files can then be run at specific times using the Event Manager. I have one for switching the Audio Processing button ON/OFF for similar reasons to the opening poster.

https://www.autohotkey.com

I use the 1.0 deprecated version as it comes with a screen recorder which makes the whole process of creating the mouse click scripts that much easier and quicker.

mb21uk

Quote from: andrewsmith86 on April 20, 2018, 12:30:11 AM
Hey Marius,

Many thanks for offering to make this change! :)

Andrew.

Has this been implemented yet, and if so in which version?