• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Error with album art

Started by RFU, May 04, 2018, 07:45:37 PM

RFU

I found this error with v1.8.2

I don't know if you get the same error with v2.0 but it's worth checking out

If the song name includes a hashtag (#) when you add it to your database it's doesn't strip out the hashtag in the album art name.

As a result, the album art won't display on your website or anywhere else you're sending the album art (i.e. Buffer)
Гордий бути українцем, Ми - Радіо Вільної України.

Capt_Fuzzy

Quote from: RFU on May 04, 2018, 07:45:37 PM
I found this error with v1.8.2

I don't know if you get the same error with v2.0 but it's worth checking out

If the song name includes a hashtag (#) when you add it to your database it's doesn't strip out the hashtag in the album art name.

As a result, the album art won't display on your website or anywhere else you're sending the album art (i.e. Buffer)
Sounds easy enough to fix, just remove the hashtag from the song name and/or replace it with something else...
In this context, hashtags are usually used to denote the word 'number' such as #1, etc. so removing or replacing it with 'no.' or 'number' would still convey the same info and also do away with the 'hashtag error'...
Steve 'Capt Fuzzy' Wade
Proud & Satisfied "Long-term" RadioDJ User
(Currently making the transition to v2)

WVRR - Ridgerunners Radio
The best mix of your favorites!

RFU

Sorry, Captbut I wasn't asking how to fix it. I know how to fix it

I was pointing out that when a track is imported RadioDJ should strip out the hashtag

Jhonny

Is the photo shown in rdj self when the track is playing and the name contents a # or something else?
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

Capt_Fuzzy

Quote from: RFU on May 05, 2018, 12:20:23 AM
Sorry, Captbut I wasn't asking how to fix it. I know how to fix it

I was pointing out that when a track is imported RadioDJ should strip out the hashtag
I'm sorry, but I just don't get why you would want RDJ to do something that you can easily do yourself before importing the track...
Now if this was something that was very difficult, or extremely time-consuming, then yeah, this might make sense.
Steve 'Capt Fuzzy' Wade

Jhonny

@cap

it's a bit of the same problem that I'm dealing with in the player.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

RFU

It happens when you use album export to display the album art on your website or use a service such as Buffer to post the artwork to your social media accounts (twitter, FB, etc)

RFU

Quote from: Capt_Fuzzy on May 05, 2018, 08:09:23 AM
I'm sorry, but I just don't get why you would want RDJ to do something that you can easily do yourself before importing the track...
Now if this was something that was very difficult, or extremely time-consuming, then yeah, this might make sense.

Because many artists,especially pop artists, are now using the hashtag as part of the song title.  So, you still want it to appear in the song name.

When RadioDJ extracts the album art from the tag file it also strips out most of the punctuation. I'm just saying that v2 should be checked to see if it is stripping out the hashtag. If it isn't, that should be corrected

Capt_Fuzzy

Quote from: RFU on May 05, 2018, 05:37:26 PM
Because many artists,especially pop artists, are now using the hashtag as part of the song title.  So, you still want it to appear in the song name.

When RadioDJ extracts the album art from the tag file it also strips out most of the punctuation. I'm just saying that v2 should be checked to see if it is stripping out the hashtag. If it isn't, that should be corrected
Ahh, the good ol' Twitter hashtag thing...
Hmm, I knew that 'hashtag' crap was gonna cause problems somewhere and at some point in time... :D

This script has evolved so much from the original conception that I don't remember how we coded it to remove that stuff in the first place... :bash:
If Vanlen was still hanging around regularly, we could ask him if he remembers, as he did a lot of the original coding, if I remember correctly.
Steve 'Capt Fuzzy' Wade

RFU

Is there any way I can edit the script or DLL to fix this?

RFU

Quote from: Capt_Fuzzy on May 05, 2018, 09:38:41 PM
Ahh, the good ol' Twitter hashtag thing...
Hmm, I knew that 'hashtag' crap was gonna cause problems somewhere and at some point in time... :D

This script has evolved so much from the original conception that I don't remember how we coded it to remove that stuff in the first place... :bash:
If Vanlen was still hanging around regularly, we could ask him if he remembers, as he did a lot of the original coding, if I remember correctly.

I know it's been a long time but did you ever have any luck finding the original code? I would still like to get this fixed

Capt_Fuzzy

Nah, I gave up on it, since it doesn't seem to work on the latest versions of RDJ...
Steve 'Capt Fuzzy' Wade

RFU

Quote from: Capt_Fuzzy on August 30, 2020, 03:33:42 PM
it doesn't seem to work on the latest versions of RDJ...

Which is exactly why I stayed with 1.8.2  :D

Jhonny

The most common problem is that the column name has changed from album_art to image.  :hihi:
<php// code for 182 album_art and check if not empty.

$albumart = $row['album_art'];
if (!empty($albumart)){$albumart = "no_cover";}
?>

<php// code for 2006 album art.
$albumart = $row['image'];
?>