• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

How long has your database been installed?

Started by DJ Garybaldy, June 01, 2018, 05:02:29 PM

DJ Garybaldy

Its another milestone for my computer this month it'll be 4 years since I last rebuilt my RadioDJ database from scratch.

Its been upgraded at least 3 times with new versions and is still going strong, we back it up daily, I've not had to restore a database backup since I switched to a database on the Linux box that's over a year ago now.

Running RDJ in a Windows 10 virtual machine on Ubuntu 18.04 and I really don't appear to have any issues.

Its rare we need to do any maintenance on ours it just chugs along day after day, week after week, year after year!

MariaDB has to take some of the credit... without it I wouldn't have a stable music stream through our Chromecast.

When did you last install your database? How long is it since you last reinstalled/rebuilt things... I'm curious that's all.

Databases fascinate me its the GEEK in me ....
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

Jhonny

For a very very very very long time, without problems MariaDB.
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

andrei1412

I started from scratch with a new database in January 2018, no problems since then

Polar

canalradio

I am using MariaDB with Radio DJ 2.0.0.6 and only after a couple of days I noticed songs are missing in my categories, like in my jingles I imported five station ID's and two days later I noticed that no station IDs were being broadcast. When I checked in the files on the right under the station ID column I noticed they were all missing, and when I went to re-import them it said they already exist. Now I cant add them to my playlist and I don't know what to do. Is MariaDB flakey?

Also I try to setup a backup in the database utility and it never works. Is there some way we can execute instant backup instead of hourly? I have set to an hourly backup but it never seems to do the job? I am worried I dont have a backup of my settings for my station. I appreciate any advice from people who use MariaDB in their station. Thanks.

packzap

Glitch and error free using RadioDJ with MariaDB in Windows Vista for probably three years now. Solid as a rock! Thank-you Marius!