• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

RadioDJ v2.0.0.5 Released!

Started by Marius, June 23, 2018, 08:29:01 AM

Marius

Quote from: Chip Douglas Mosley on June 30, 2018, 01:48:59 AM
What's the best way to do a clean install of v2.0.0.5. Can I do it with the new version, or should I start with an older version and upgrade to the new version?

I want to do a first-time install to test run the new version.

Thanks!

Run the installer to a new unused path, create and install a new database. Done.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

Chip Douglas Mosley

Thanks Marius. I'll give it a try first thing in the morning!  :cool:
Chip Douglas Mosley
Jukebox 92.7 WEPQ
www.jukebox927.com
Radio DJ user since 2016, Live365 since 2019
Upgraded to v2.0.4.5 on January 25, 2024

Rob Ashcroft

Is smart timing working properly on the new version?
http://radiokps.nz

Dr_Anthony

Quote from: He-j on June 29, 2018, 07:41:57 AM
Did you use the update file from 2.0.0.3 to 2.0.0.4 or did you restore the database?

You should not restore the database, but use the file RadioDJv2\Setup\Sql\2.0.0.3 TO 2.0.0.4.sql to update.

Now it works (updated a DB and RDJ to 2.0.0.5), but if I want to add any track to play, get an error (see the log)

3 Jul 2018 00:50:34
Conversion from string "False" to type 'Integer' is not valid.   v Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger(String Value)
   v rdjInterface.Tracks.LoadTrackInfo(Int32 trackID, Boolean OnlyEnabled, Boolean RefreshInfo)
   v rdjInterface.TrackPlayer.LoadInfo(Int32 trackID, Boolean OnlyEnabled, Boolean RefreshInfo)
   v Plugin_Search.SearchControl.​‎‮‎‍‮‍‬​‪‬‭‭‪‭‪‎‮‎‪‎‎​‍‪‮(Object , MouseEventArgs )
   v System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)
   v System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)
   v System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   v System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   v System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.WndProc(Message& m)
   v System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   v System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   v System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Marius

Due the error you receive, the database wasn't updated.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

Chip Douglas Mosley

Marius,

I finally got around to doing that clean install on v2.0.0.5 and overall it works very well. A few problems:

1) I had to re-do the "next" mark on anything I voice-over, like music beds under a weather forecast. The system would play the entire music bed before starting the weather. Resetting them got it to work.  :huh:

2) In order to do time announcements (both cold and voice over music), I had to go back and put the v2.0.0.3 Time Announce plugin into the v2.0.0.5 plugins file, then set them up as events. Works beautifully! I also didn't have to change the name of the Time Announce folder.  8)

3) Possible bug...I can't get the "Disabled" button to do any color other than green.  >:D

4) I'm having trouble getting the TTS function to run. For some reason, it's not reading my template file. Any thoughts on what I've done will be appreciated.  :'(

I love the font you used in the search feature. A lot easier to read than older versions.  :cool:

All very very small things. Great job again, Marius! My station went on the internet a year ago today and it's still humming along!  ;D I'm going to run the new version on my production computer over the 4th of July holiday to look for other glitches, then I'll put the new version on line.
Chip Douglas Mosley
Jukebox 92.7 WEPQ
www.jukebox927.com

zandgame17

Quote from: Rob Ashcroft on July 02, 2018, 07:43:42 AM
Is smart timing working properly on the new version?

Yes, absolutely works!  :ok:

Chip Douglas Mosley

I loaded the TTS plugin from v2.0.0.3 into my install of v2.0.0.5 and it resolved both points 3 and 4 of my previous note...and the "disable" button changes color! While I'm sad that the new TTS and Say Time plugins don't work for me, I'm glad I got the program working properly. I moved it to my on-line feed 10 minutes ago and we'll see what happens.

Also, my main computer has temporarily died. I can't get the computer to reboot, so I'm not able to operate three of my stations, which I think I will allow to pass away with dignity. I'm running RadioDJ on my production computer, so I'm using that one for EVERYTHING until I can figure out what happened to the main computer.
Chip Douglas Mosley
Jukebox 92.7 WEPQ
www.jukebox927.com

Rob Ashcroft

Quote from: zandgame17 on July 03, 2018, 11:55:38 PM
Yes, [smart timing] absolutely works!  :ok:

OK, may possibly do the update then.  Anyone else finding it works properly without the previous glitch that smart timing had?

Cheers
http://radiokps.nz

Dr_Anthony

Quote from: Marius on July 03, 2018, 07:35:02 AM
Due the error you receive, the database wasn't updated.

Thanks, but if I try to updated (like this http://www.radiodj.ro/tutorials/how-to-apply-an-update-to-radiodj-database.html) nothing will happen. Dont get the Are you sure you want to update the database notification... Any suggestions?

Marius

Press the validate button and try again.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

DJ Garybaldy

Is anyone getting glitchy/crackly/popping audio with 2.0.0.5?

I've had to switch back to 2.0.0.4 was getting pops and clicks in the music for some unknown reason.

I'm not sure if its Windows 10 TBH they've changed the audio settings in that recently will be doing more testing to see if I can nail it down.

Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

Marius

Between these versions nothing regarding audio was changed, so the reason must be something else.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

DJ Garybaldy

Yeah i'm reckoning its a Windows issue... Like I said they changed the sound configuration in W10 recently and something has been niggling me ever since.

So far so good since the last proper reboot of the machine.
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

Jhonny

it is the damn windows that has changed everything with an update  >:D >:D >:D >:D
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English