• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Auto Schedule / Auto switch between audio sources

Started by vkadiyala, July 02, 2018, 05:26:48 PM

vkadiyala

Hi: I am trying to achieve the below.
***Your help is highly appreciated***

Main Objective: I am trying to provide region specific announcements in commercial break.
We built a mobile app where user chooses his region from a combobox. And, hits PLAY.
This will PLAY the region specific URL which streams audio on mobile.

In Studio:
Desktop1 (Region1):
Source1: I have a Live RJ talking thru microphone and audio is configured as audio stream as a URL in SAM Broadcaster (Desktop version).
Source2: I have Announcement files as mp3 files on same desktop specific to Region1.

I am looking for a solution which switches from Source1 to Source2 at specific time to play Announcements and switch back to Source1.
This should happen without user intervention.

If it works, I will setup 3 desktops for 3 different regions and achieve my goal.

Does Radiodj have this capability.
If not, Could you please suggest a solution.

Thanks again,
Vamsi.

FreerunMedia

Quote from: vkadiyala on July 02, 2018, 05:26:48 PM
Hi: I am trying to achieve the below.
***Your help is highly appreciated***

Main Objective: I am trying to provide region specific announcements in commercial break.
We built a mobile app where user chooses his region from a combobox. And, hits PLAY.
This will PLAY the region specific URL which streams audio on mobile.

In Studio:
Desktop1 (Region1):
Source1: I have a Live RJ talking thru microphone and audio is configured as audio stream as a URL in SAM Broadcaster (Desktop version).
Source2: I have Announcement files as mp3 files on same desktop specific to Region1.

I am looking for a solution which switches from Source1 to Source2 at specific time to play Announcements and switch back to Source1.
This should happen without user intervention.

If it works, I will setup 3 desktops for 3 different regions and achieve my goal.

Does Radiodj have this capability.
If not, Could you please suggest a solution.

Thanks again,
Vamsi.

A sort of local add insertion. You can do something like that. The sources need to be in the DataBase or use playlists. First make an event and set the time you want to start the event. ( Like TOTH or at xx:25 ) Next you fill load up the playlist ( for whatever break you want ) and the source 1 in the event. So it could look something like this:

Example event:
Clear playlist.
Load track "source 1" ( TOP )
Load playlist "commercial break" ( TOP )
Wait 10 seconds
PLAY!

If you set the start of the event at xx:25, it will fire at xx:25 plus 10 seconds because of the wait function in that event.
Running 3 editions V1.8.2 at www.salto.nl and v1.8.2 at radio251.nl. ( NOW with 2 live studio's! )