• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

MB Recaster Free Question

Started by bill, July 21, 2018, 03:12:11 AM

bill

I'm not sure what could has caused this to happen. I have been running RadioDJ 2.0.0.3 for a month or so without a problem streaming through MB Recaster without a problem. I kinda missed the RadioDJ 2.0.0.4 and 2.0.0.5. I upgraded to RadioDJ 2.0.0.6. I didn't really have any big complications.  I did have to find .Net 4.5. It installed quickly and the database upgrade went OK. RadioDJ itself is running smooth seemingly.

The error that I am getting on MB Recaster is...
BASS_Encode_CastInit
some other mystery error
localhost:8200/live.mp3

I have Googled, I have read many threads on these forums. One of them talked about an internal server that's ok it did work, but not ideal. Why not the original settings? I read here where Marius said he updated BASS so I downloaded the MB Recaster updated 6/19/2018 thinking that it was not working with the new BASS. However the updated version of MB Recaster is not working either. What could updating RadioDJ and .Net have updated to change the way MB Recaster runs? I can go back to RadioDJ 2.0.0.3 and it plays fine, but MB Recaster still throws the above error. I thought about BUTT, downloaded it and it is connecting fine, but Recaster allows multiple encoders. I would prefer not running multiple Butts and don't know if it have conflicts.

Is anyone else using MB Recaster? Is anyone else having that error. In Googling I find there is a lot about the "some other error" but really no answers

I have
Windows 7 SP1
.Net 4.5
XAMPP

The only change is updating RadioDJ and .Net

JacquesMoreau29

Bill,
Have you be able to fix the issue?
I have the same issue... i registered with shoutcast hosting... and not able to connect thru MB recaster 4.5.3.1 (with RadioDJ 2.0.0.6)
Let me know!
Thanks
Jacques

bill

Jacques,

Well, yes and no. Not what I wanted to do.  (By the way I am working localhost. I don't think I mentioned that originally. An oversight on my my part. I see that you are using a service from shoutcast.)  What I did was stopped using the Shoutcast. Butt connected fine, but MB Recaster or Radio Caster would not connect to Shoutcast after upgrading to RadioDJ 2.0.0.6. Looking in the different directories the only differences I found was that MBRecaster and Radio Caster uses BASS and Butt does not. So I installed Steamcast and was able to get MB Recaster to connect easily. I actually like Steamcast I did not have to write any php to create a control panel. Steamcast is all visual.  However MB Recaster kept dropping.  It would go silent for several seconds and then return. I would prefer to load MB Recaster once and have up to 4 encoders, but couldn't.  So I setup a couple of Butt instances.. One for mp3 and one for AAC. It plays very consistently. I hope this was helpful.

JacquesMoreau29

Bill,

Yes, It's fixed... Gary from (https://djgarybaldy.co.uk/) helped me...
from the RadioDJ forum. (http://www.radiodj.ro/community/index.php?topic=11974.0)

You have to put your own "Shoutcast Stream ID (SID)" right after the shoutcast server... separate by a comma... like this...
(see attachment)

master.shoutcast.com:8000,1234567

and just put your regular shoutcast password

Source password: XXXXXX

I hope that will help you and many other users.

[attachment deleted by admin]