RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum

Rest server with MIDI

Rest server with MIDI
« on: October 11, 2018, 12:12:19 AM »
We use Radiodj with the d&r airlite. With the MIDI plug-in fader start worked smoothly! Now we started to use the restserver and the monitor plug-in and the airlite stopped working - No faderstart anymore. Are these unsupported plug-ins ?
If we judge the fish by its ability to climb trees, it will look stupid.

Offline He-j

• HEJ say JEH
    • Hej Radio
Re: Rest server with MIDI
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 09:01:25 AM »
What version of RadioDJ are you using and are you using Windows 10?

It's probably not the restserver which is causing this. I had an issue that the faderstart didn't work either. This started when I switched to Windows 10. Because I'm using an internal soundcard RadioDJ sees this soundcard as the MIDI device and not the Airlite.

This is how I solved it.

When you restart your PC the connection gets lost between the Airlite and RadioDJ. Actually it is the Airlite Virtual Keyboard Mapper (AVKM). The Control Buttons of the Airlite are still on. So when you restart your PC the AVKM starts as well, but not as Administrator. After you restarted your PC you have to Exit (right click on the AVKM icon) the Airlite Virtual Keyboard Mapper (the Control Buttons are deactivated). In the Windows Start menu find the AVKM and right click on it, choose More and select Execute as Administrator. When the Control Buttons light up the AVKM is connected again. Open the AVKM by clicking on it.

If you are using the AUX Players select a track and first click on the play button of that aux player in RadioDJ. Next use your fader on the Airlite for this aux player. Now the fader should work again.
The same for the Control Buttons. First click on one of the carts in RadioDJ. Next push a Control Button and that should work as well.

Now you can close the AVKM screen (do not Exit it).

Everytime you are (re)starting your PC you have to set it this way again. Do not set the AVKM that the program should start as Administrator when you start your PC, because this doesn't work. So you have to this manually as described above.

Hope this helpes!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 02:30:48 PM by He-j »
Hej Radio ► Netherlands
https://hejradio.jimdofree.com/

Re: Rest server with MIDI
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 09:36:16 AM »
Works like a charm now. Too bad that it requires these steps every time you reboot. But Thanks!
If we judge the fish by its ability to climb trees, it will look stupid.