RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum

HELP!

HELP!
« on: November 05, 2018, 07:02:18 PM »
I am having issues with the plugin, first off it won't connect to my database...(of course I am new to this stuff and might have done something wrong)...Then when I uploaded the files to my web server, it did something to my .htaccess file and I couldn't get my website to display...AND I couldn't log in to try and fix it...?

This was what I was emailed back from support at my web host:

"Sorry to hear about the problem you are experiencing. I have investigated this issue and found that you have created a .htaccess file with custom rules in the root folder of your account."

I really want to use this plugin so my listeners can go through the playlist alphabetically AND request music! Can someone help me out? Tell me what I am doing wrong...and tell me where I should upload the files so they won't override anything. Thank you! ???

Re: HELP!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 02:59:47 PM »
how did you upload your files to your website? ftp?
poke around in your ftp software, to see if it has an option to display hidden files.
the .htaccess files begins with a dot, which means it is usually hidden so it can't be accidentally erased.
once you can view the hidden file, you can delete it.
if you can't view it, ask your web host tech support to delete the file for you.

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 03:03:14 PM »
what is the link to the wordpress plugin you are using, so we know the version and other stuff about it etc.
as far as i know, the wordpress plugin original author had abandoned it, so we need to know what you are using.

is your radiodj installation on a computer network where you have access to your router's amdin interface? you'll need to edit the firewall and NAT settings to allow traffic in through your firewall on a specific port and route it to the computer running the database for radiodj.

your web host will also need to allow the same port number to be allowed to send data OUT.

search this forum for "port 3306" you'll find some info

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 03:47:09 PM »
This is the link to the plugin.. http://www.mediafire.com/file/68ce3dsiv6kjdkh/radiodj-for-wordpress-0.7.0.zip

I already have all my ports open, so that couldn't be the problem...I have even verified them by doing a port forward check online...Do I  need to upload it to the root folder? A folder I create? Also, I have another question, I was working around in the software and I cannot find the mic button to turn it off and on during live broadcasting! It may be right in front of my face and I am not seeing it!  :hihi:

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 03:48:10 PM »
Oh and yes, I use Core FTP!

Offline Jhonny

• Peace, enjoy life.it's over before you've lived it
    • Jhonny's RadioDJ tutorials.
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2018, 06:00:02 PM »
This is the link to the plugin.. http://www.mediafire.com/file/68ce3dsiv6kjdkh/radiodj-for-wordpress-0.7.0.zip

I already have all my ports open, so that couldn't be the problem...I have even verified them by doing a port forward check online...Do I  need to upload it to the root folder? A folder I create? Also, I have another question, I was working around in the software and I cannot find the mic button to turn it off and on during live broadcasting! It may be right in front of my face and I am not seeing it!  :hihi:
It's the input button in the main screen.
It has often been written not to use this for a microphone!
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler!
I don't do drugs, I do tuts. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) visit  https://radiodj.info

Testing RadioDJ v2.0.2.0 Beta