• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

RadioDJ v2.0.1.3 BETA Released!

Started by Marius, November 12, 2018, 08:59:31 AM

Chip Douglas Mosley

Hey plauri...

How did you set up the time announce?
Quote from: plauri on November 13, 2018, 01:25:00 AM
Win10 and MariaDB, no issue installing 2.0.1.3 Beta. The playlist keeps 15 tracks or jingles (I set) in the rotation. The SayTime works (with a trick: I divided the bed in 2 and in the middle starts the saytime). I build a quick Teaser and it's ok. No more problems in the NowPlaying Info. More testing on the run.  :ok:

Thanks!
Chip Douglas Mosley
Jukebox 92.7 WEPQ
www.jukebox927.com
Radio DJ user since 2016, Live365 since 2019
Upgraded to v2.0.4.5 on January 25, 2024

plauri

Quote from: Chip Douglas Mosley on November 13, 2018, 01:39:55 AM
Hey plauri...

How did you set up the time announce?
Thanks!
I cut my saytime sound effect (which lasts 4 seconds) in 2. The first is 1 second and the second 3. Then I created a manual event which loads the first SayTime "Schedule playtime announcement". Load first and second bed/effect and create a playlist where you have bed 1 then SayTime manual event and after the other bed/effect. You should work a little bit with start/next and end to make the 2 beds sound as it was before cutting them. I'm still not completely satisfied... but it works
Funky Corner Radio
Radiodj v.2.0.4.5 (Windows 10)
http://www.funkycorner.radio
https://www.funkycorner.it
http://www.radiofunkycorner.com

Chip Douglas Mosley

Chip Douglas Mosley
Jukebox 92.7 WEPQ
www.jukebox927.com

Music Box

Thanks Marius, as you suggested, I modified the 'NowPlaying.xml' TTS by adding Microsoft Brian Desktop. But RadioDj keeps announcing the songs in playlists following the NowPlaying.xml. the DataBase (Now use the Ivona voice). I solved by eliminating the TTS from the main direction, I will continue 'to experiment with Voice Ivona with another' version of RadioDj in the PC.

Marius

I think that you misunderstood me. I didn't said to add "Microsoft Brian Desktop", that was an example. I said to add the voice name, instead of the voice ID.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

Vanlen

Win 10/ Maria DB - 2.0.1.3. Beta 2

After 24 plus hours of running, no errors have appeared in event viewer. :cool:

Cheers
Forest Green - Music in Nature's Frequency
www.forestgreenradio.ca

Calypso

OK - after a number of releases that I wasn't able to install (virusproblem) and today the fact that Google put the download on a blacklist (so Firefox marks the whole site as "dangerous" and Google blocks the download) I was able to install part of the latest beta (The reporter .exe is still treated as malicious, and though I've marked it as "safe", the installer first makes a tempory file which gets quarantined) I was able to test the latest beta.

Seems to work well, but for my usage I'd love to see an option to choose to use the "old" behaviour of inserting one whole cycle of a rotation when you have not enough files in the playlist. Reason is that with my usage of rotations (multiple rotations that are relatively short that get switched over frequently) it seems to work better for randomness that way. I've explained it in another post, and also pointed out what (in extreme cases) could be the result.

Though I love the new way of doing it, but not for my usage, and I can imagine that there are others that will run into the same problem.

adrinto

I made an installation in 2.0.0.6 of this 2.0.1.3
an upgrade
then in database setup select update file 2.0.0.6 to 2.0.1.2 sql
And it is running in full version 2-0-1-3 copied the database not being precise which would take me a long time to install a clean database from the beginning. It would take time and a lot of work.

adrinto

Quote from: adrinto on November 13, 2018, 08:46:05 PM
I made an installation in 2.0.0.6 of this 2.0.1.3
an upgrade
then in database setup select update file 2.0.0.6 to 2.0.1.2 sql
And it is running in full version 2-0-1-3 copied the database not being precise which would take me a long time to install a clean database from the beginning. It would take time and a lot of work.

a problem does not load the rotations as set example
musica - musica - jingle-time

it randomly loads the same problem with one of the earlier versions that was later fixed
Thank you Mariús

704djs

Beat 94.7/Hot 107.9  fm banging the hitz that you wanna hear.

Chip Douglas Mosley

Quote from: adrinto on November 13, 2018, 09:34:45 PM

a problem does not load the rotations as set example
musica - musica - jingle-time

it randomly loads the same problem with one of the earlier versions that was later fixed
Thank you Mariús

I'm having the same problem with v2.0.1.3. It is working as it should on v2.0.1.2.
Chip Douglas Mosley
Jukebox 92.7 WEPQ
www.jukebox927.com

neutralhills

Quote from: Marius on November 12, 2018, 04:13:42 PM
Hi neutralhills, please don't update yet to this as it's a beta version, instead if you want to test it, create a new database for it to be sure that everything is fine.

I was planning on testing on a spare laptop using a copy of the database from the main playout system. Not using in a production environment until it's out of beta.
Squirrel FM : Always playing with our nuts!
www.squirrel.fm
Studio systems running RadioDJ & Rivendell (occasional only)
Flow 8 Deck & PlayIt Cartwall for live mixing and assist.
Remote systems running RadioDJ
Pioneer DDJ-SX control surface.

Marius

Got it neutralhills. If you have a running v2.0.0.6 (which wasn't updated to any newer version yet), you can update to the latest beta using the "2.0.0.6 TO 2.0.1.2.sql" database update file.

@Chip Douglas Mosley & adrinto, what rotation item is skipping? Jingle or tracks? One thing to note is that the program is using the old version of AutoDJ and its biggest limitation is that it applies the repeat rules to all elements from the queuelist table, so to avoid this behaviour, please try to keep as low as possible the number of playlist elements (preferably under 7). The new version of AutoDJ is in tests until i'm sure that it works as it should and for sure you will be pleased by the results as the generated playlist is way more diverse, but also way better calculated.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

Chip Douglas Mosley

Marius, for me it's tracks. I have a rotation set up like this:

EVENT TTS Disable
Song without sweeper
Song with sweeper over intro
Song with sweeper over intro
REPEAT

I use this as a fill sequence and each time it come up, it starts where it left off, sometimes skipping the event, sometimes starting with the second song, sometimes starting with the third song, etc. I have had v2.0.1.2 on air now for several days and this sequence works very well in that version. I have v2.0.1.3 running off-line and that's where it skips. I have 4 in the queuelist table.

Also, I'm still having problems with a pause in the audio every time an EVENT is scheduled to run, in v2.0.1.2 and v2.0.1.3.

Overall, I'm very impressed with the updates. Thanks for the continuing hard work!  :cool:
Chip Douglas Mosley
Jukebox 92.7 WEPQ
www.jukebox927.com

tzakalin

I managed to install it despite my bitdefender AV whining about it. Aparently, it didn't like the reports plugin. Everything seems to be running smoothly, except for the fact that it doesn't keep play count anymore. I reset everything: history, priority, playcount. All the played songs show as played 0 times. Any thoughts?