• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Dead RadioDj after Instant Player

Started by RFU, November 20, 2018, 01:49:10 PM

RFU

Well... WTF???? :huh:

I'm premiering a new show tonight and I loaded the tunes I need into the instant player

I accidentally clicked on a sound effect, which cut out the show that was playing and played the sound effect.

Once the sound effect stopped playing, RadioDJ just went dead.

The progress bar was moving, the vu meters were moving, but there was no signal going to SE Caster and nothing was being broadcast. I have the SAME problem when someone uses the request option on our website

I guess buying all the expensive mixer/microphone/pre-amp equipment was a waste of time and money.

At this point there is no way to do a live show and my only option is to piece a show together with Audacity or Adobe Audition.

I really DO NOT understand why I keep having these problems with RadioDJ   :bash:

I had to close and restart RadioDJ to get it working again.
Гордий бути українцем, Ми - Радіо Вільної України.

FreerunMedia

Quote from: RFU on November 20, 2018, 01:49:10 PM
Well... WTF???? :huh:

I'm premiering a new show tonight and I loaded the tunes I need into the instant player

I accidentally clicked on a sound effect, which cut out the show that was playing and played the sound effect.

Once the sound effect stopped playing, RadioDJ just went dead.

The progress bar was moving, the vu meters were moving, but there was no signal going to SE Caster and nothing was being broadcast. I have the SAME problem when someone uses the request option on our website

I guess buying all the expensive mixer/microphone/pre-amp equipment was a waste of time and money.

At this point there is no way to do a live show and my only option is to piece a show together with Audacity or Adobe Audition.

I really DO NOT understand why I keep having these problems with RadioDJ   :bash:

I had to close and restart RadioDJ to get it working again.

Sounds to me like there is an audio conflict. Check if the device for "MAIN" and the device for the effects are set ok. I am using also multiple soundcards and have no problems at all. My guess is that the FX was played over the USB device, same as the Main audio playout. Some (cheaper)  USB audio players can't handle that. Also check your drivers. Use the drivers for the device of the manufacturer as much as possible. Some drivers provided by Microsoft are only the basics.
Running 3 editions V1.8.2 at www.salto.nl and v1.8.2 at radio251.nl. ( NOW with 2 live studio's! )

RFU

Main - Speakers (C-Media audio device)
Monitoring (Cue) - Speakers (USB audio device) - headphones
Sweeper V/O - Digital Output (C-Media audio device)
Voicetrack - Digital Output (C-Media audio device)
Carts - Digital Output (C-Media audio device)

Aux Player 1 - Speakers (USB audio device)
Aux Player 2 - Speakers (USB audio device)
Aux Player 3 - Speakers (USB audio device)
Aux Player 4 - Speakers (USB audio device)
Aux Player 5 - Speakers (USB audio device)

Audio Input Settings
    Input Sound Card- Line In (C-Media audio device)

The USB sound card doesn't work at all. I can't even hear a video on Youtube in the browser

Right now, SE Caster is set to stereo mix (as a safety feature). When I want to go live on the mixer I'll change it to Line In

stevewa

ugh, yes, me too, i don't understand why you are having so many problems. lol

radiodj didn't go dead, it was still playing, but you couldn't hear it.

instant players (and your sound effect) uses the audio device = Carts.
So what is "Digital Output (C-Media) connected to, explain or attach photos of your mixer wires, and did the sound cutoff, was it heard from the speakrs of the mixer, or from the output of SE-Caster?

Could the "digital output" have tripped something in SE Caster, which caused it to switch it's input, so it could not hear anything from radiodj main output?

Why do you have Sweepers, VoiceTracks, Carts, and all Aux players on separate audio outputs, different from the Main output?
and where does that audio signal go through your mixer? Do you have it on a separate channel so you can control it's volume before it is sent to SE Caster?

usually you keep those all on the same output, and just put your monitoring Cue on a separate output so it doesn't go out over "the antenna"

go visit canada and get some weed to help you chill out. you didn't waste any money on the mixer and mics, just your settings are screwballed

stevewa

also, explain in much detail, exactly what happens with requests?

when a request comes in from your website, does it get added to the playlist, but then radiodj stops playing audio? or does it play the request and then it stops playing anything else? or does it appear to be playing, but you can't hear anything?

RFU

I figured out the problem with the live show
the settings should have been

Sweeper V/O - Speakers (C-Media audio device)
Voicetrack - Speakers (C-Media audio device)
Carts - Speakers (C-Media audio device)

I don't know if hat will fix the "request" problem, but I suspect it will.

I have a sweeper that plays before a request. It would play the sweeper and the request but after that I couldn't hear anything on the broadcast computer. The only way to get the sound back was to close radiodj and restart the computer