• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

RadioDJ v2.0.1.5 BETA Released!

Started by Marius, December 19, 2018, 04:25:04 PM

Marius

Hey Brodephat, the plugin sends data to the destinations from your list and if for some reason the target server it doesn't respond, it logs the error.
From my tests, i saw servers that receive the data without problems, but they don't always send back any response. This is nothing new, the only change is that in the betas this error is logged and in the older versions wasn't. This should not be a problem, since the plugin is set to wait up to 3 seconds for the answer and then no matter what, to continue.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

Brodephat

Ah I see, so what type of response should the server return and is there a way I can test the response (separate from RadioDJ) to see what it gives?

Also, should the Windows firewall be set to allow RadioDJ to receive an input?

In my case some songs post and some don't.
"Think Outside The Box And Make Something Truly Wonderful Happen"

Youtube Channel: https://bit.ly/3fGBsKJ

My RadioDJ Stations:
NiaRadioNetwork.com
RealPeopleTalkRadio.com
TheTriadComeUp.com

Radio Imaging & Tools:
CarterScripts.com

Free RDJ Videos:
HowToUseRadioDJ.com

Marius

As far as i know, the server should return 200 OK code for succes, but any returned code will prevent RadioDJ to log that specific error.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

AdrianHondema

Hi,

With over 27.000 tracks in my database, I would expect RadioDJ to select different tracks when I press the 'Clear' button but most of the time the same artists/songs appear. Also when I delete one track, it re-appears at the end of the playlist. I looked in the database but obviously there are no stored procedures there... I think there is something wrong with the randomizer in the selection of tracks for the playlist.

Adrian

Calypso

Quote from: AdrianHondema on January 22, 2019, 09:35:41 PM
Hi,

With over 27.000 tracks in my database, I would expect RadioDJ to select different tracks when I press the 'Clear' button but most of the time the same artists/songs appear. Also when I delete one track, it re-appears at the end of the playlist. I looked in the database but obviously there are no stored procedures there... I think there is something wrong with the randomizer in the selection of tracks for the playlist.

Adrian

How is your rotation built? If you use things like "longest time not played" or "least played" it's very logical that this happens.

Marius

Hey AdrianHondema, this is not like winamp shuffle function. If you setup a rule, the program will follow it.
To better visualize what it happens, let's take the "least recently played" rotation rule. With this you tell MySQL to return the track with the least recent date in the "date_played" column. It's like sorting all your songs based by the "date_played" column and pick the one with the lower value.
Now indeed, MySQL has some mysteries, like for example if all the dates are equal (so no ordering is possible), it will still have a order in which will pickup the results, but that is more database related, than about RadioDJ.
Some users are also adding one or more random selections to the rotation to break this pattern.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

adrinto

Hello Marius:

Today I called the pc at 5:00 pm after it was disconnected since yesterday at 8:30 p.m.
happens that radiodj called with today's date but the rotations of the songs the rotation from 20h to 23h or he did not assume the rotation at the time of calling took over the rotation from yesterday to when it turned off
please review this situation in the database so that it resumes at the current time and with the rotations of the songs for the time of reissue
Thank you

AdrianHondema

Hiya,

Thank you all for your replies! I completely overlooked the 'Selection type' in the Track rotations. I kept the default setting there. I now switched to 'Least times played' which results in a complete different playlist.

RadioDJ keeps suprising me! Awesome!

Adrian

Calypso

Quote from: AdrianHondema on January 23, 2019, 09:17:11 PM
Hiya,

Thank you all for your replies! I completely overlooked the 'Selection type' in the Track rotations. I kept the default setting there. I now switched to 'Least times played' which results in a complete different playlist.

RadioDJ keeps suprising me! Awesome!

Adrian

Make a combination of at least "random" and "least times played", otherwise, in the end, you'll turn up having the same rotation again.

chrismadog

Hi Marius,
I was looking at the screen capture I took with 'Snipping Tool' of the problem below and I've been thinking about what can be happening to make it do what it is doing.
It is exactly like AUTODJ is turned off even though it says it is on (green). AUTOMATED is tuned on of course so any track poked in there with AUTODJ not working will do precisely like I described.

One of the things I do is to change the rotation in an event and then clear the playlist straight after it, also in the event, so it rebuilds the playlist with the new rotation.

Regards,
chris

Quote from: chrismadog on January 16, 2019, 04:38:34 AM
Marius,

IMPORTANT Problem.

I have v2.006f on the main server and the secondary server is running v2.0.1.5
On v2.0.1.5 I am seeing a problem where a rotation is set, AUTODJ/MANUAL is on, AUTO is on, but nothing is being pulled up on rotation.

I can change rotations to no avail. Nothing. I can toggle AUTODJ and AUTO/ASSISTED - no difference.
If an event inserts Ads (Sponsorships) and station ID's or  then they will play perfectly. If I insert a song manually into the playlist, it will play perfectly.
Iy just won't insert songs from the rotation.

I have thousands of songs available and I do't have it not playing from the same artist - only tracknames cannot be played for 180 minutes.

The only way I've found to get it running properly again is to close it down and start it up again and then it runs for some random time and stops again. It can work OK for days and then fail twice or three times in one day.

Very odd.

Regards,
Chris
Presenter - 4SDB - Rose City FM 89.3 - Warwick, QLD Australia.
Station Engineer - http://rosecityfm.org.au
Community Radio - Bringing you the best of local radio.

Chip Douglas Mosley

I FINALLY figured out how to resolve the rotation problem I was having with version 2.0.1.2.

On Sundays, I play all 70's music. Since I have all of my 70's titles in one file, I was having problems with songs repeating back to back.

To resolve the problem, I changed the setting on every other song from least played to random. I have been running with this set up all day and have yet to have the same song back to back.

Otherwise, I've been running v2.0.1.2 since Marius released that version back in November, 2018, and have had no problems, other than the one I mentioned above.

I LOVE Radio DJ! :cool:
Chip Douglas Mosley
Jukebox 92.7 WEPQ
www.jukebox927.com
Radio DJ user since 2016, Live365 since 2019
Upgraded to v2.0.4.5 on January 25, 2024

plauri

Quote from: Chip Douglas Mosley on January 28, 2019, 05:11:13 AM

To resolve the problem, I changed the setting on every other song from least played to random. I have been running with this set up all day and have yet to have the same song back to back.

If you say that, there must be a problem in the database. I will test your solution!
Funky Corner Radio
Radiodj v.2.0.4.5 (Windows 10)
http://www.funkycorner.radio
https://www.funkycorner.it
http://www.radiofunkycorner.com

kaaro

I noticed that even if the RadioDJ is set as a remote instance (I see the events disabled message down on the right), the play times get updated in the database.
This happens also in 2.0.1.4, but it is OK (not updating) in 2.0.0.6.

Sphag

Found issue with new AutoDJ:

In older versions if there were multiple tracks with the same priority, AutoDJ would choose them equally likely with the "By Priority" option.
New AutoDJ seems to "prefer" certain track over others even if they have the exact same priority.
My rotation has multiple tracks with priority value 100, so i can choose from them randomly with "By Priority" option, and i can use "Random" to choose from the entire category randomly including all priority levels. But now the "By Priority" option delivers the exact same tracks always in the same order (after the "Don't play same track for.." setting lets it pick the track again), and never even tries to play more than half of the songs with priority 100.

plauri

I never changed "priority tracks", always left to default=50 both here and in previous versions. A friend of mine used to change priority but didn't notice any difference, so I kept on without spending too much time on this feature.
Funky Corner Radio
Radiodj v.2.0.4.5 (Windows 10)
http://www.funkycorner.radio
https://www.funkycorner.it
http://www.radiofunkycorner.com