• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Automation Software timed

Started by leonnormanradio, January 12, 2019, 10:29:25 PM

leonnormanradio

Does anybody know any software where you can time it to connect then disconnect at times of the day

FreerunMedia

Quote from: leonnormanradio on January 12, 2019, 10:29:25 PM
Does anybody know any software where you can time it to connect then disconnect at times of the day

It's a pretty general question. What is the purpose for something switching on and off? Is it streaming, i can't help you with that but if it's importing a stream to play out through RadioDJ, it's simple. When the stream needs to be played it will start and when the next track or event is started, that stream stops.
Running 3 editions V1.8.2 at www.salto.nl and v1.8.2 at radio251.nl. ( NOW with 2 live studio's! )

leonnormanradio

im referring to server software we have different djs so it be good to time the server software to disconnect from server and reconnect after another dj has been on

FreerunMedia

Quote from: leonnormanradio on January 20, 2019, 01:03:59 AM
im referring to server software we have different djs so it be good to time the server software to disconnect from server and reconnect after another dj has been on

That can be done in RadioDJ. Just import the stream as a "radio stream" and use the scripts to connect and disconnect. That way you don't have to give all your details to take over de stream server. You are still in full control so nobody can overrun his or her time or can hold the connection. This works fine and without problems and even another solution because when the other side isn't there, radioDJ starts playing tracks.
Running 3 editions V1.8.2 at www.salto.nl and v1.8.2 at radio251.nl. ( NOW with 2 live studio's! )

leonnormanradio

ok how do i do any of that what you've just said please

FreerunMedia

Quote from: leonnormanradio on January 22, 2019, 12:12:17 AM
ok how do i do any of that what you've just said please

Well that is not that difficult. First import the streams you want in the database as Radiostreams. They need to be online at that moment so make sure of that. The only thing to do is build an event that tells what to do. In your case it could look like this:

Disable autodj
Clear playlist
Load top of the hour jingle (TOP)
Load news (TOP)
Load News opener with bed (TOP)
Wait 30 seconds
Load stream 1
enable autodj
PLAY

That event should start at your givin time. I start mine at xx:59;48 to start the news locally at exact on the hour. When a stream is allready playing, it stays playing while it is loading and only starts when the play command is givin. At that moment the current stream will be faded out and the news bed will be started. The second event you choose stream 2 and so on.

If the stream isn't loading, because autodj is selected, the stream will be removed and tracks will be played. The only downside is, when somebody is late, they won't go on air unless you do it by hand. Positive point, everyone should be ready and up and running giving it a more professional look and the stream won't be interupted so if you got 50 listners, they will stay there. If you close the stream and let somebody else starts it up, the 50 you got are gone.

leonnormanradio

sorry mate i think you have me all wrong with what i'm wanting to do i was asking basically with Radio DJ Version 1.7.2 i could use the plugin software to broadcast online without an external encoder but for Version 2 i'm using Butt broadcaster at the minute but was wondering if they was any software to disconnect the stream from my end so the dj can connect to the encoder at there end like how you could in the events in version 1.7.2 set it to disconnect and reconnect i can't say connect to a stream cause the stream we connect to he would be using

leonnormanradio

no that's still wrong im running a online radio station which doesn't have auto dj so i run radio dj from a computer at my house in version 1.7.2 you could set a****cast to connect and disconnect by an event im wanting a piece of software like this again but standalone so i can connect and disconnect like an event but using radio dj version 2

FreerunMedia

Quote from: leonnormanradio on January 24, 2019, 01:49:52 AM
no that's still wrong im running a online radio station which doesn't have auto dj so i run radio dj from a computer at my house in version 1.7.2 you could set a****cast to connect and disconnect by an event im wanting a piece of software like this again but standalone so i can connect and disconnect like an event but using radio dj version 2

No auto DJ so there is still nothing wrong with the MCR computer solution. Just put the "main" computer on the stream, wether you use 1.7 or 2.0 and let it do the switching. Just import the different studio streams in the database, tell the events witch studio need to go at what time and nobody needs to connect and disconnect the main stream at any time. Other point is when a stream is not there, RadioDJ can't connect to a stream and skips it playing the local audiofiles. Simple and works like a charm.

So in short,
Each studio has it's own stream.
The "Main" RadioDJ is holding the main radio stream and no one should have to have your passwords and stream settings.
The Main RadioDJ is switching on time witch stream goes on air at what time and those studio's can't overrun even if they want to. RadioDJ events stops when it's time and switches to another stream with no break of the main radio stream.

Just give it a try and see how it just works. I am doing nothing different on my stream and no problems at all, even if the stream is not there. RadioDJ starts playing local audio files so there would be no silence on the stream.