• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Event streams x 2

Started by djclewes, January 14, 2019, 06:53:17 PM

djclewes

We take our breakfast show via ftp and also the news. Now I want to setup the news jingle to play then the news followed by the breakfast show. So will this event work

Track = news jingle
News  = News
Internet Stream = Breakfast Show

Then setting it up for 09:00:00
And selecting mon - fri and the
times 9,10,11.

Will this work between 9am and 12pm
Owner of South Lanarkshire

djclewes

djclewes

Above never worked so ive used the same layout

Track = news jingle
News  = News
Internet Stream = Breakfast Show

But created 3 separate events instead of just one with 3 different times ticked

Jhonny

turn it a round
Internet Stream = Breakfast Show to top
News  = News to top
Track = news jingle to top.

R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

djclewes

Yeah I done that but is it better in 3 events because I don't seem to get it working as one event. Even with the event set for 9,10,11 the breakfast stream plays but the news does not kick in apart from the 9am news. Instead it just lines them up in the playlist and does not play them. So you end up with a list of news and news jingles.

djclewes

Can not get this to work at all. Setting up as 3 seperate events does not work and setting up as one seperate event does not work. It just puts loads of news and weather in the play list and refuse to play them.

What can I do to get it to take a web stream for one hour with the news and weather stream at the top of the hour before hand or have I found something radiodj is not capable of doing   :( :(

Jhonny

dit you check the url when importing the stream
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

PROducer

Quote from: djclewes on January 17, 2019, 12:44:40 PM
Can not get this to work at all. Setting up as 3 seperate events does not work and setting up as one seperate event does not work. It just puts loads of news and weather in the play list and refuse to play them.

What exactly are you trying to do?  Are you trying to go from an internet stream to news back to the stream?  Because that's what I'm picturing now.  If so, I have no experience dealing with streams... someone else who does may be able to jump in and explain how to exit a stream and play from the queue again.

djclewes

Hi

Yes I want to go from a news jingle and news stream (toh) directly on to a stream. Between 9am and 12pm mon - friday.

djclewes

Still not getting it working. I really need to get this working asap because im paying for news I cant use.

Its even just adding the news and not playing it. Check image below.

djclewes

Its such a shame about this because I will need to go with a different software and I will be so gutted because I got it working perfectly apart from this.

PROducer

Here's my guess.  (I guess, because I don't pick up internet streamed shows on my station)

First thing I see is Auto-DJ looks like it is on.  Auto DJ is what populates the queue when you're running rotations.  When you're taking the stream, I'd probably shut that off.

Second, my guess is that there's nothing in your event telling Radio DJ to stop the incoming feed, and switch to local programming (News/WX/Commercials).  I think you need a Stop command in your event, before loading the news, etc.

Load the items to be played locally. If you're going back to the feed after the local items play, make sure the feed item is loaded at the correct location in the playlist queue, after everything you want to play.

The issue a Play command.

So your event should incluse these items:

Auto DJ Disable
Stop
Clear Playlist
Load the Feed (If you're returning to it) (top)
Load Commercials (If any) (Top)
Load Weather (Top)
Load Local News (Top)
Load News Intro (top)
Play

You will probably need two events to do this... one for when you're going back to the feed, and one where you're not.  In the event where you're not, you're going to leave out the command that re-loads the feed.  If instead of the feed, you're going to play from rotations, before the play command, you're going to have a command that sets which rotation to use, and one that will turn Auto-DJ back on.

As I said, I haven't taken a feed before, so I'm guessing, and not going to guarantee this is the solution.  If anyone more experienced in taking feeds can throw in their two cents, I'd appreciate it.

djclewes

so is this what you recommend

Auto DJ Disable
Stop
Clear Playlist
Load the Feed (If you're returning to it) (top)
Load Commercials (If any) (Top)
Load Weather (Top)
Load Local News (Top)
Load News Intro (top)
Play

then event 2

AutoDJ Enable
Play

djclewes

think i got it working.

breakfast show stream
jingle
weather
news
jingle
play

not only does the play action make the news play on time but it does seem to
make the news, weather and breakfast stream play one after the other. ive tested
this 6 times in a row on my home laptop so i do not see why it would not work in the
studio.

maybe it needed the jingle in between the weather and breakfast stream to give the
stream time to load. could this be a possible cause that without that few seconds a jingle
takes to play it does not give everything time to load properly? or could it be the play action
that forces radiodj to restart all the actions from top to bottom (or in events bottom to top)
every hour?

or both. any way i will update you more on monday when it is been tested in the studio. but
fingers crossed ive got this fixed now.

PROducer

Quote from: djclewes on January 18, 2019, 09:12:49 PM
...maybe it needed the jingle in between the weather and breakfast stream to give the
stream time to load. could this be a possible cause that without that few seconds a jingle
takes to play it does not give everything time to load properly? or could it be the play action
that forces radiodj to restart all the actions from top to bottom (or in events bottom to top)
every hour?

or both. any way i will update you more on monday when it is been tested in the studio.

My guess is that the Play command makes it go.  I think people confuse the Auto-DJ & Automated buttons/modes.  Auto-DJ is for playlist generation, Automation is what keeps the items playing automatically. So I think it's a good idea for the top-hour events to include commands that turn these modes on or off depending on what you need it to do, that way you're not relying on it already being set to what it should be.

Anyhow, glad you may have it working!  Let me know how things turn out for real in the show Monday!