• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Pause events

Started by danny.oranim, February 11, 2019, 02:55:18 PM

danny.oranim

Hey,I have a little problem.I wanted to know how I pause events when I play a radio show for about a hour,and enable the events after the radio show ends?
I tried in the event in the radio show to do these steps:
1)pause events.
2)load track from category(my category Radio shows).
3)enable events category
the 2 first steps it`s happening but the 3 step no,and because of that the events are pause...
thanks.

danny.oranim

But I want to after the event is end that disable the pause end will load the playlist.

leonnormanradio

not sure if your doing it this way so i'm going to write it this way

1. enable events category
2. load track from category
3. pause events

danny.oranim

I tried what you suggest it`s still pause the events

eLseven

make a manual event contains "pause event" first, then load it on your radio show track in start event and end event

danny.oranim

I don`t understand what you mean,can you describe me by steps or pictures.

eLseven

i'm sorry "I'm not in front of my onair computer at the moment.
there is a radiodj feature which can trigger a manual event by an audio file (track), so you can trigger a pause event when the track played, and trigger again a pause event at the end of track to unpause event.

danny.oranim

Can you explain me how I do this in the program by steps,because I not found this.

eLseven

here

[attachment deleted by admin]

danny.oranim

and how I start the events again?
Can you show me a do it by steps?

eLseven

Quote from: danny.oranim on February 17, 2019, 01:15:40 PM
and how I start the events again?
Can you show me a do it by steps?

there is no "unpause" to start the events again, pause twice = unpause.

https://www.radiodj.ro/community/index.php?topic=8836.msg59863#msg59863

Calypso

A complete different approach would be not to pause event execution, but disable events. That way you would be able to always have a few events running that enable the others.

PROducer

Quote from: Calypso on February 17, 2019, 04:01:13 PM
A complete different approach would be not to pause event execution, but disable events. That way you would be able to always have a few events running that enable the others.
I agree with Calypso.  Upon thinking of using an event to pause your events... how would you use an event to unpause the events, since they are paused???

:huh:

danny.oranim

So what the solution guys?

PROducer

Use categories for your events.  You can enable/disable categories to turn different things on & off, and use events to do so.