Author Topic: RadioDJ on Windows VPS - virtual sound card - and other issues  (Read 82 times)

Dadin

• New User

RadioDJ on Windows VPS - virtual sound card - and other issues
« on: February 13, 2019, 03:37:14 PM »
Hey guys!

So, I'm trying to set up RadioDJ on a 2016 x64 Windows VPS. I have encountered many issues and have been able to source a bunch of scattered information on how to get it set up that has been useful, and I think there should be a special place to discuss this, and this could be a good place for it.

At the moment, the issue I'm facing is that I can't seem to get a virtual cable set up to work with my server, so I was wondering.. what software worked for you?

So far I have tried several softwares(VB Cable, Breakaway Pipeline, MB Recaster, Radiocaster) but none have worked.

Is there one that worked for you guys, paid or free? What can I do to actually make it work?

I will mention that I have managed to install and broadcast with RadioDJ from a personal computer, just the transition to the VPS has been a serious challenge for me and at the moment i'm just at a loss of hope. Help, please!

Calypso

Re: RadioDJ on Windows VPS - virtual sound card - and other issues
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 09:15:36 AM »
I've tried many things, including Windows Terminal Services, and my conclusion in the end was: doesn't work on Windows Server OS. Server OS of Microsoft are not made for sound so whenever a session is left alone, everything continues working except for the sound.

With Windows Client OS (Win7, 8, 10), no problem at all on a VPS.

Dadin

• New User

Re: RadioDJ on Windows VPS - virtual sound card - and other issues
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 05:38:44 PM »
Desolated you couldn't get it done either, Calypso, however there seems to be some people out there that managed, hence my asking the question to the community.

https://www.radiodj.ro/community/index.php?topic=9915.0

Maybe there is someone out there who can offer us some support in achieving this.

...still looking for answers