Author Topic: Carte son input de radiodj, comment gérer les titres des musiques en input ?  (Read 581 times)

LolYangccool

• New User

Ok, I try this asap, but my PC is not on the same LAN that my server, but I have a VPN.
I'm going to try if this can be a solution.

Can I disable the line in title option on the server for this to work ?

With this solution, can I show other text on the player when no music is played but when it's just a talk show.

LolYangccool

• New User

Ok, I'll try this since my last reply and the update with the artist and music name works perfectly, thank's !
But my last question still available, if me or an other person just speaking, the name of the last song still appear, but I would that when we are just speaking and when no music is played, to show the name of the show, for example.
I have don't find any option for that in RadioDJ. But maybe I missed it ?

Thank you again. My setup will be absolutely ready for the may, 25.

stevewa

you can manually change the metadata using the plugin "NowPlaying", just type the words you want to output to the text file, and it will be written to the file.

if the vpn doesn't do what you want, don't use the encoder to read from the text file, instead use the plugin to send song metadata directly to the icecast server, and set it up using the same values on the pc and the rdj server, and only enable whichever one you want to be sending the song data

LolYangccool

• New User

you can manually change the metadata using the plugin "NowPlaying", just type the words you want to output to the text file, and it will be written to the file.
Ok, thank you. Is there a way to do this automatically after a played song ?

if the vpn doesn't do what you want, don't use the encoder to read from the text file, instead use the plugin to send song metadata directly to the icecast server, and set it up using the same values on the pc and the rdj server, and only enable whichever one you want to be sending the song data
The Icecast server need a VPN connexion to, like a lots of my radio station feature, such as my phone system, the audio transmission and much more.

I think it will be work. I prepared my equipment for moving to the studio. I will test from there as soon as possible, probably this week. In real conditions.

Thank you.

stevewa

Is there a way to do this automatically after playing a song?

if it is a specific song, you can attach an event to fire after that song has ended. the event could call a exe file, which would write the text into that text file for the metadata.

i would need more explanation of what you are trying to do.

If you can only connect to you icecast server via VPN, will anyone even be able to listen to your icecast stream? or will they also need to use a vpn? how does the extra encryption required by the vpn after the audio transmission delay to the icecast server? that is weird, i never heard of needing to use a vpn. are you streaming secret messages and they need to be encrytped? lol  :-X

LolYangccool

• New User

If you can only connect to you icecast server via VPN, will anyone even be able to listen to your icecast stream? or will they also need to use a vpn? how does the extra encryption required by the vpn after the audio transmission delay to the icecast server? that is weird, i never heard of needing to use a vpn. are you streaming secret messages and they need to be encrytped? lol  :-X
Ahahah.

No, everyone can listen the stream, from everywhere, probably excepted from north korea, I don't have try this. :angel: I have opened the appropriate port, but for security reason, the management of the radio (and other services, like SSH connexion to my servers - I'm self hosted at home) need to connect to my VPN with an authorized account.
Just the public services of my network are port-forwarded., And I have a reverse proxy for lot's of web services, suck as my web radio stream, my website and more.

You can try to listen the stream from my website : https://geekonweb.fr/geekonmic