Author Topic: Need to know how to achieve this  (Read 329 times)

valio7777

• New User

Need to know how to achieve this
« on: April 17, 2019, 03:45:56 PM »
Hi All,

I am new to RadioDJ. Have installed successfully 2.0.0.6 version and latest MariaDB on the latest Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. What I do not know how to do now is - how to get all the imported music to be played randomly. Also I would like to have a random station ID (I have around 10 station IDs) to be played between let's say every third song.

When in the past I used SAM broadcaster this was done:
Cat['music'].QueueBottom(smRandom,, EnforceRules);
Cat['ID'].QueueBottom(smRandom,, NoRules);

How do I achieve this for my tests with RadioDJ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

BR,

Valio

Marius

• Administrator

• Radio DJ Romania
Re: Need to know how to achieve this
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 04:03:46 PM »
In rdj you can achieve that by building a rotation in which you can place also the jingles where do you want.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

valio7777

• New User

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 04:55:46 PM »
Thanks a lot Marius for the fast reply. Will test that and if I have more questions will post again.

Have a great evening!

ricky

• Preston Bissett Alternative Website
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 05:31:24 PM »
no problem all you do is go to the spanor bottom right then go to track rotation second left click the + tracks from category in the boxes select say genre that you imported  ie pop rock etc do that say four times then on the next change to station jingle or were you put them click save and that is it you will play say four tracks then a jingle and so on  dont forget to change the manual to autodj on mane screen      you can do as many tracks and jingles as you like so two tracks then  jingal etc hope this helps all best ricky.

valio7777

• New User

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2019, 11:19:13 PM »
Thanks a lot ricky! I will try that. Until now I was trying to find a PC that is new and with PCI slots (found one with two). What I noticed is that the directory import is some how slow and was thinking that it would possibly be better to have some kind of search engine which generates a CSV from the many files in a directory, than populate it in the DB fast.

PS: Radiodj is the first time I install MariaDB on Windows, not on Linux :)

valio7777

• New User

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2019, 09:14:39 PM »
Found an Intel Core 2 Quad 9600 PC that can run my old PCI cards (Newer chipsets seems to not have native PCI support even if they have the hardware PCI slots that I needed (No success on Intel B85 chipset with Core i7, 32GB RAM and two PCI slots)). Also got all with the rotations and all else and am actually running the latest beta perfectly. One thing that I noticed is that when I moved MariaDB and the database on a separate Linux machine on my local 1Gbps network - the RadioDJ PC got much liter and all is even better.

PS: My PCI cards are old - one M-Audio Audiophile 2496 (main) and one C-Media CMI8738-4CH (for monitoring). A lot of magic to get them going on Win 10 Pro x64 latest but working perfectly for now.

stevewa

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2019, 04:09:31 AM »
Dude throw out those crap cards and get AudioScience http://www.audioscience.com/internet/products/sound_cards/soundcards.htm   ;D

Silicon Valley doesn't make any money if you use old cards, you need to feed the beast!

valio7777

• New User

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2019, 08:13:30 PM »
Dude throw out those crap cards and get AudioScience http://www.audioscience.com/internet/products/sound_cards/soundcards.htm   ;D

Silicon Valley doesn't make any money if you use old cards, you need to feed the beast!

It appears that you pointed me to cards I was not aware of at all. Thanks a lot for that. I have ordered an ASI5810. It costed me 590 Eur + 45 Eur shipping and handling + 23 Eur to transfer the payment from my country.  Once it arrives I will make tests and provide info.

stevewa

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2019, 03:12:28 PM »
thanks to you, you might have just saved Europe!