Author Topic: Music files missing  (Read 146 times)

KIEF-LP

• New User

Music files missing
« on: May 17, 2019, 01:14:11 AM »
I am losing songs in RadioDj. They are on the hard drive but do not show up in either the Tracks Manager or Search. When I try to import them, it tells me they already exist.

PROducer

• Personal Text
    Long Time Radio Guy
    • The Rooster
Re: Music files missing
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 07:30:50 PM »
Likely the Grateful Dead version has the same track number as one of the other versions, giving it the same filename as one of the other versions.  Rename the Grateful Dead version by adding the artist name into the filename.

It's good practice to separate your itunes library from your RDJ files, so you can rename them with more info to avoid duplicate filename problems like this.

KIEF-LP

• New User

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 12:19:54 AM »
Thank you for responding.
I thought the artist name and path were included in the search for duplicates. This has happened a few times with new artists that I have added. With over 43,000 songs in my library, it is hard to check every song because the spreadsheet I use does not have the track number included. I import each album into Winamp and make the Info changes, calculate replay gain, and then generate an HTML file to add to the songlist in the spreadsheet. The only reason I looked for the song was because at times I like to play two artists doing the same song. Is there any way to disable the duplicate check when importing? I was wondering where all my copies of Little Red Rooster went.

PROducer

• Personal Text
    Long Time Radio Guy
    • The Rooster
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 06:45:00 AM »
I use MP3Tag to rename my RadioDJ Music files to include Artist, title & Year.