• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

RadioDJ v2.0.1.6 Beta Released!

Started by Marius, June 13, 2019, 09:44:34 AM

FL Coast

Quote from: Calypso on June 19, 2019, 08:49:14 AM
Try running this query through your favorite MySQL/MariaDB management tool:

update rotations_list set mood='---',gender='---',language='---' where mood='Any';

Ofcourse make a backup first, it's all on your own risk, etc etc

Calypso, Thanks.  Didn't have to rebuild all of the Rotations.  Worked Perfectly.   :cool:
:)    Play the Music and Have Fun!    :ok:
==================================
Fun In The Sun,  From the Florida Coast
"It is what we learn after we think we know it all, that counts."
John Wooden 1910 - 2010

Chip Douglas Mosley

I just ran into a problem with my fresh install for v2.0.1.6.

In one specific file I've loaded, only part of the music files show up. The rest show they "already exist" but I can't find them. I've tried optimizing and repairing the data base. I've even tried deleting the file and re-installing it under a different name, but they still show up as "already exist." They are not showing up as disabled.

Any suggestions on how to find them or how I can load them in. As I said, it is just this one specific category where it happens. Everything else installed perfectly.

Help please! TIA

<EDIT>
I sort of resolved the problem by copying all of the songs in that file and inserted the copies into the same file. Then I deleted all of the original song files. It was quick and dirty, but it works. I would sure like to find a fix that's not so drastic because I'm sure the original files are lurking in the program somewhere... :huh:
Chip Douglas Mosley
Jukebox 92.7 WEPQ
www.jukebox927.com
Radio DJ user since 2016, Live365 since 2019
Upgraded to v2.0.4.5 on January 25, 2024

stevewa

Hi CHip, Your msg is confusing. Did you mean to write "In one specific FOLDER I've IMPORTED", or "In one specific Category I've IMPORTED into" ?

DJ Garybaldy

Well I've had my database upgraded (Thanks) although after restoring I still had to redo my rotations again.

I've performed a few tests with rotations so far & I don't have the tracks repeating themselves in the playlist when a rotation loads, However on first load of the rotation it tends to ignore requests that are in the request queue, its only when tracks start loading at the end of the queue do the requests get inserted correctly.

I will do some more testing tomorrow when I get chance. But things are looking better with 2016 than they were.
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

Calypso

Quote from: FL Coast on June 19, 2019, 06:05:53 PM
Calypso, Thanks.  Didn't have to rebuild all of the Rotations.  Worked Perfectly.   :cool:

:ok:

It's a pity though this change. It prevents a smooth update from 2.0.1.5 to 2.0.1.6 and also it makes a downgrade impossible. This because previous versions now don't work with the 'new' rotations anymore.

I've checked this because my normal procedure is to test a new version first on a database copy, and when it works without detected problems, I'm using it in a shadow environment that uses the production database. So my production database is upgraded but connected to with an old version for production purposes, and I'm running the new version against the same database in a shadow environment (non critical).

@Marius: If this behaviour is kept in future versions (the "new" rotation definition) and backwards compatibility is broken, you might as well get rid of the UpdateTracks procedure that isn't used anymore...

Chip Douglas Mosley

Sorry stevewa, I meant to say category.

I put 160 songs into this category. When I went to look at what was there, it only showed 73 titles. I tried putting the same songs into that same category a second time, and every song said ALREADY EXISTS. It still shows the same 73 songs. I tried putting in a missing song but it still didn't show up.

What I eventually did was copy all the songs in that category then put them back into the same category so that songs showed up as -copy. Then I deleted the songs in that category that didn't show as -copy. All of the 160 songs now display in that category and they all display as -copy.

It's a strange way to fix the problem, but it works. I'm just afraid that those songs that I deleted are in the still lurking in the program somewhere.
Chip Douglas Mosley
Jukebox 92.7 WEPQ
www.jukebox927.com
Radio DJ user since 2016, Live365 since 2019
Upgraded to v2.0.4.5 on January 25, 2024

DJ Garybaldy

Well things appear to be working as they should, NOTHING showing up in error logs, Rotations loading songs as they should load into the queue.

Going to upgrade my partners install to 2016 over the weekend. Now I know the database is fine etc...

I just need to restore a backup and a relocate tracks and that should work just fine too.

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Anderson Clayton

working perfectly When will it be the definitive release?

DJ Garybaldy

Well we've now upgraded both our machines to 2016 and there are no problems to report everything from our prospective is running as it should do.
Spent most of the weekend testing and testing again. There are no showstoppers AFAIK.

Brodephat

I'm running a fresh install then imported the DB from a 2.0.1.5 version I did run both the updates 2.0.0.6 and 2.0.1.5 to 2.0.1.6 for each

The rotations would not work but when I ran this: update rotations_list set mood='---',gender='---',language='---' where mood='Any'; and whala! the rotations begin to work.

After running over the weekend here are logs that have appeared. Hope it helps with pin pointing possible issues. These are 3 different stations, I added them for my own sake. The fourth station which is 50% podcast driven had no issues yet.

(Win7 64bit 4GB ram all SSD drives running 4 stations on the same PC with 5 sound cards)

WNIA

23 Jun 2019 01:38:58
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.   at Plugin_History.HistoryControl.?????????????????????????????????????????(String )
   at Plugin_History.HistoryControl.?????????????????????????????????????????(Object , EventArgs )
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

TTCU

22 Jun 2019 11:01:04
Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: '02\[ $E:25y>DoxA$J\&5y1! /5'.   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateHandle()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CreateHandle()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_Handle()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.SetVisibleCore(Boolean value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.SetVisibleCore(Boolean value)
   at 02\[ $E:25y>DoxA$J\&5y1! /5.?????????????????????????????????????????(Object , EventArgs )
   at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

22 Jun 2019 11:11:26
Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: '02\[ $E:25y>DoxA$J\&5y1! /5'.   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateHandle()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.SetVisibleCore(Boolean value)
   at 02\[ $E:25y>DoxA$J\&5y1! /5.?????????????????????????????????????????(Object , EventArgs )
   at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

22 Jun 2019 11:11:26
System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: '02\[ $E:25y>DoxA$J\&5y1! /5'.
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateHandle()
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.FocusActiveControlInternal()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Visible(Boolean value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnRun()
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.DoApplicationModel()
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.Run(String[] commandLine)
   at ?????????????????????????????????????????.?????????????????????????????????????????(String[] )   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateHandle()
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.FocusActiveControlInternal()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Visible(Boolean value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnRun()
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.DoApplicationModel()
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.Run(String[] commandLine)
   at ?????????????????????????????????????????.?????????????????????????????????????????(String[] )

RPTalk

22 Jun 2019 18:19:14
A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
   at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

23 Jun 2019 18:40:12
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.   at Plugin_History.HistoryControl.?????????????????????????????????????????(String )
   at Plugin_History.HistoryControl.?????????????????????????????????????????(Object , EventArgs )
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

"Think Outside The Box And Make Something Truly Wonderful Happen"

Youtube Channel: https://bit.ly/3fGBsKJ

My RadioDJ Stations:
NiaRadioNetwork.com
RealPeopleTalkRadio.com
TheTriadComeUp.com

Radio Imaging & Tools:
CarterScripts.com

Free RDJ Videos:
HowToUseRadioDJ.com

Brodephat

I'm noticing on multiple installations of this version that when using Variable Duration File setting, the file plays a few times and at some point the file gets marked Disabled and of course it never plays again until it's re-enabled.
"Think Outside The Box And Make Something Truly Wonderful Happen"

Youtube Channel: https://bit.ly/3fGBsKJ

My RadioDJ Stations:
NiaRadioNetwork.com
RealPeopleTalkRadio.com
TheTriadComeUp.com

Radio Imaging & Tools:
CarterScripts.com

Free RDJ Videos:
HowToUseRadioDJ.com

FL Coast

Marius,  In testing RadioDJ 2.0.1.6 I found that when I select  "Reset Playcount For The Selected Subcategory" in the TRACKS MANAGER it does nothing.  I finally have to select all tracks and click on "Reset Playcount For The Selected Files."

When I check the Event Viewer the following error is displayed each time I click "Reset Playcount For The Selected Subcategory."
Database Insert Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'NOW(), `songs` SET `count_played` = '0' WHERE `id_subcat` = 6' at line 1 (UPDATE `date_modified` = NOW(), `songs` SET `count_played` = '0' WHERE `id_subcat` = 6;)

It seems to be only that reset, as the others work without error.

This is not an issue in 2.0.1.5.  The 2.0.1.6 database is an update from 2.0.1.5.

Wayne
John Wooden 1910 - 2010

Marius

Thanks Wayne, i will fix it for the next release.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

FL Coast

Marius,

I like the new Associated Artist field that allows you to add other artists to the field in the track editor. Such as having a Beatles song, and being allowed to add John Lennon, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr so they then comply to the Artist Repeat Rule and not play any of those artists immediately after a Beatles track.

Would you have the box "Populate only where no values are found" automatically checked by default.  This will eliminate deleting any special artists that may be set up since this has to be ran each time after adding new tracks to have them comply with the Artist Repeat Rule.

And just for convenience, could you add a way to apply this while you are in the Track Manager.

Thanks for the GREAT software,
Wayne

Sorry if this should have been added to the "Future Request" board, but since the Associated Artist field is NEW in 2.0.1.6, I thought maybe this is just a TWEEK Request.   ;)
John Wooden 1910 - 2010

achi6000