Author Topic: Creating 'A' List rotation/category  (Read 626 times)

Palm Tree

• New User

Creating 'A' List rotation/category
« on: July 09, 2019, 04:11:09 PM »
Hello everyone, just wanted to say 'hi' after settling on RadioDJ making the move over from Sam Broadcaster!

Anyway, I've been reading the really useful posts on the forum and have got our rotation running really well thanks to several bits of advice I've read (thanks for that!). I have a query though .. can anyone advise me on how to create a category/rotation for 'A' List tracks? In other words, current tracks that have just been released that rotate heavier than the normal list.

I have a list of 8-10 tracks that I'd like to include on this. I thought about just dropping them in randomly one every 90 minutes for instance using an event but my worry is that they could appear right next to or near an older track by the same artist. Would the only way to avoid this be to disable all the tracks from the artists on the 'A' List so this one current track is the only one in the rotation? Then when it's no longer "current", enable all the older tracks from that artist again?

I've wracked my brains but can't think of another way. Would be grateful for any pointers/advice.

Many thanks  :)

stevewa

• RadioDJ Remote Support Link to Pay for Help
Re: Creating 'A' List rotation/category
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 02:15:18 PM »
create your subcat for A "new" music,
put your songs in it,
edit your rotation to add a row to pick a random track from that category.

most listeners won't care if the same artist plays in sequence once in a million plays.
if this is a big issue, you need to add more tracks :)
RadioDJ Remote Support Link to Pay For Personal Help: https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_button_id=8RMWTFAWCX7WS

Rob Ashcroft

• Radio KPS
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 06:18:30 AM »
I assumed that the non-repeating of artist worked irrespective of category if loaded within a standard rotation.  I have an 'A' category for new or high play songs (a list of about 8-12 songs) and a 'B' category for most of the rest.  I use a combination of random/last imported/least recently played to help with song mix.

I don't think I've had artists end up back-to-back when using my default rotation.

For my music I now use auto-syncing folders.  That way I can move songs into/out of my single 'A' category folder & range of 'B' category folders and they update automatically each hour using a folder sync event.

http://radiokps.nz

Palm Tree

• New User

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 03:54:30 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys. I'll take a look again and see which works best for me. Thanks