RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum

RodeCaster Pro and RadioDJ Magic!

Offline Vanlen

• Music for your senses
RodeCaster Pro and RadioDJ Magic!
« on: August 03, 2019, 02:44:38 PM »
I've been wanting the RodeCaster Pro (Complete Podcast-Live) Studio in a box.  4 mics/phone and blue tooth plus of course usb and 8 custom pads and 4 headset preamps. Testing with the latest RadioDJ and so far so good!

Great for live out of the box recording without a computer too.

Forest Green - Music in Nature's Frequency
www.forestgreenradio.ca

Offline DJ Garybaldy

• Retired DJ who uses RadioDJ
    • DJ Garybaldy Blog
Re: RodeCaster Pro and RadioDJ Magic!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 10:22:36 AM »
Very nice... go on what did it cost?
Retired DJ & Proud USER of RadioDJ since 2010

Computer: Windows 10 Pro 16GB RAM & AMD 10 processor

TIP: When you make a change in RadioDJ BACKUP the database!

New Blog: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/

(djgarybaldy.co.uk 2011-2020 1,472,323 page views)

Offline FreerunMedia

• Proud user of RadioDJ
    • Radio 251 , Gewoon gezellig
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 10:46:57 AM »
Very nice... go on what did it cost?

It's a nice thingie to play with!It's around €600 at bax-shop.nl. The only thing i have some trouble with is the fact that it doesn't have a fixed audio output. The only output you have are the speakers out and those are controlled with a volume control on top of the board. Those are not killed when you use the microphone. ( The last software update it kills speakers when microphones are on and output is switchable to variable and fixed.) I would do it! It has a 3.5mm aux input, bluetooth in/out and USB in and out. So you can connect a computer to it and record all the tracks seperate and the main out in one take. The FX buttons you can configure with clour and audio so beds and jingles can live in that part and microphones are processed and do a great job too!

Notice i like that thing?  :hihi: ;D
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 11:11:46 AM by FreerunMedia »
Running 3 editions V1.8.2 at www.salto.nl and v1.8.2 at radio251.nl. ( NOW with 2 live studio's! )

Offline DJ Garybaldy

• DJ Garybaldy Blog
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 05:24:47 PM »
Way out of my price range then at €600  :bash: Mind I'm not doing any broadcasting these days.

Offline Vanlen

• Music for your senses
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2019, 06:00:32 PM »
Yes, it's 599.00 Cdn here (pricey) but for what it does All Mic Pre-Amps and Headset Amps Plus Phone calls out of the box, recording to SD for about 20 hours worth then of course connecting to RadioDJ through USB with Mix Minus built in.
This will of course be my last mixer and probably will be living in a tent from now on  :hihi:  Still worth it. 

www.forestgreenradio.ca

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2020, 08:02:53 AM »
I'm using the Rodecaster Pro with RDJ too;

There is a setting to automatically mute the studio monitors when you fade up any of the four microphones - Settings > Hardware > Advanced > Audio

From there, look in the section called 'Monitor Outputs' & simply enable 'Automatically Mute Outputs'

Works GREAT!!   ;D

Offline FreerunMedia

• Proud user of RadioDJ
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2020, 11:10:37 AM »
I'm using the Rodecaster Pro with RDJ too;

There is a setting to automatically mute the studio monitors when you fade up any of the four microphones - Settings > Hardware > Advanced > Audio

From there, look in the section called 'Monitor Outputs' & simply enable 'Automatically Mute Outputs'

Works GREAT!!   ;D

It's a great plaything and ideal for location broadcasts. Small and everything is in it. No brainer and just buy it  :ok: ;D
Running 3 editions V1.8.2 at www.salto.nl and v1.8.2 at radio251.nl. ( NOW with 2 live studio's! )

Offline DJ Garybaldy

• DJ Garybaldy Blog
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2020, 01:20:39 PM »
Nice Mixer.. Shame about the price.

I'd not get any use out of a mixer such as this, my mixing desk is in its box gathering dust and has been for some time (Anxiety stopping me from setting it all up again)

Offline FreerunMedia

• Proud user of RadioDJ
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2020, 12:22:25 PM »
Nice Mixer.. Shame about the price.

I'd not get any use out of a mixer such as this, my mixing desk is in its box gathering dust and has been for some time (Anxiety stopping me from setting it all up again)

Well Gary for what that thing can do, it's a nice price and it's still dropping in price so i think there is a hardware update coming up. A desk gathering dust is never good. Open that box and start building  ;)

Offline znmd

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2020, 01:03:24 AM »
We replaced old analog Yamaha mixer with RodeCaster Pro in our local radio station. It's our production mixer, for studio interviews etc. It's really, really great piece of hardware!

The only missing feature for me is some MIDI communication or something else, that could allow to do "fader start" - for example sending "PLAY" command to Radio DJ when I move fader UP.

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2020, 12:34:31 PM »
I would like to Buy RodeCaster Pro.
Some doubts about setting and connection with my PC.
could someone provide indication?

Many Thanks

Offline FreerunMedia

• Proud user of RadioDJ
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2020, 11:33:19 AM »
I would like to Buy RodeCaster Pro.
Some doubts about setting and connection with my PC.
could someone provide indication?

Many Thanks

What do you want to know? I don't have it (yet) but what i know is connetign up to a computer gives you 1 stereo output on the Rodecaster and a selection of inputs on the PC. So you can record ( if your software is capable of it ) one stereo channel and all inputs of the Rodecaster seperate. ( Multichannel ) The buttons you can configure to play sounds like jingles or quotes and you see 8 buttons, they have 8 layers so you have 8x8 buttons to configure. Connection is through USB. A couple of settings you can configure on the Rodecaster itself.

Offline Vanlen

• Music for your senses
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2020, 08:49:42 PM »
As @FreerunMedia has stated above plus to see it working and features you can watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfW2zJe2mdw&list=PLbWPQU736F8-YdSYNBOc5ez-6EGPZPqUa&index=2

By the way it's worth every penny.
Cheers
www.forestgreenradio.ca

Offline Vanlen

• Music for your senses
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2020, 04:45:37 PM »
Rode just upped it a notch with their latest Public Beta Firmware with powerful new features for the Rodecaster Pro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezb65qM5tkM
www.forestgreenradio.ca