Author Topic: Using Events to send a serial command to network  (Read 475 times)

AtNightRockShow

• New User

Using Events to send a serial command to network
« on: October 06, 2019, 03:33:15 AM »
I'm in the processing of building out for a syndicated program. The distribution service (likely a combination of both Barix and Synchronicity) has the capability of sending a contact closure trigger down the stream to trigger local breaks for underwriting and legal ID. I need to find a way to get RDJ to send a serial command (in this case, *0OR1P and *0OR2P) to a USB-serial interface (on COM3 in my case), which is connected to a Broadcast Tools SRC-2 and will provide the momentary contact closure to net.

I would suspect a plugin if there is one would be the easiest, if not, an exe file that I can insert the correct port and string to send.

stevewa

• RadioDJ Remote Support Link to Pay for Help
Re: Using Events to send a serial command to network
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 05:26:02 PM »
I use PowerShell script to send commands to com1 to broadcast tools ss8.2 to do switching.

Stack overflow has examples how to compile PowerShell scripts to exe, then use events to call the exe as needed
RadioDJ Remote Support Link to Pay For Personal Help: https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_button_id=8RMWTFAWCX7WS