RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum

Drag and Drop Category and Subcategories Music Manager

Drag and Drop Category and Subcategories Music Manager
« on: December 26, 2019, 09:50:53 PM »
I would like to have a flexible Drag and Drop Category and Subcategories Music Manager in RadioDJ.

I would like to have the ability to select several songs and Drag and Drop them to a determined category; let's say, "Rock" to have their genre automatically changed; but when dragging and dropping same songs to a determined category; let's say "English", I have their language automatically changed without altering "Rock" genre previously setup.

I would like to have custom categories so I can setup and hierarchically organize songs; for example, by Song Version: Acoustic, Cover, Live, Remix; Artist Country: United States, United Kingdom; Artist Gender: Female, Male, Mixed; etc.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 02:42:15 PM by jljubich »

Offline PresidentOfACPJ

• We play all kinds of Rock!
    • RADIO ROCK FM - O ROCK ALTERNATIVO COM PITADAS DE CLASSIC ROCK!
Re: Drag and Drop Category and Subcategories Music Manager
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 06:42:46 PM »
Well, radio dj already allow you to customize categories and subcategories/genres its very easy, you can use the radio dj program, or only use the database,you can open it with heid sql and change names or add new genres or subs etc.

The first part of ur question, im not sure if i ve understood...

lets see it...

You have a category music, then a subcategori rock, then genre "alt. rock".

You want to drag and drop some songs with their genres are not "alt. rock" then when you drag it and drop to that cat-sub-genre "alt.rock" it magically become alt.rock as the other songs in that cat-sub-genre (alt. rock)?

It would be really great, but im not sure if Marius will provide it, because you have softwares to make it, like Picard Music Brainz, i use this software, and im fixing all my songs, artist, title, year, album, country of release, and whatever i want. automatically, or semi automatically, or by hands.
RĂ¡dio Rock FM:

http://radiorockfm.com.br/
twitter.com/radiorockfmreal/
fb.com/radiorockfmreal/

Re: Drag and Drop Category and Subcategories Music Manager
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 02:09:55 PM »
First of all, what you consider very easy is very complicated for me and it's not drag'n'drop.

Second, I I'm asking for a RadioDJ new feature is because I don't want to edit RadioDJ database using another application.

Third, MusicBrainz Picard (despite is a great tool) nor edits RadioDJ database neither changes song tags based on Categories/Subcategories.

Please, focus on requested features. That's what this forum was created for.