• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Installing 1.8.2 - had to use older version of MariaDB

Started by packzap, December 30, 2019, 06:57:53 PM

packzap

I recently had to do a test Setup of the RadioDJ "classic" 1.8.2 version. I ran into a few problems trying to get it to run with the latest 10.4.11 version of the MariaDB.  After installing the database, rebooting Windows Vista and then running the RadioDJ database setup.exe, different errors would come up with flaky operations. 

The first error would say, "Can't get hostname for your address".  Trying to move ahead after validating the database and clicking "install database" in the database setup utility, would crash it with an "unhandled exception" error.

Continuing ahead anyway to see what happens, starting Radiodj.exe would bring up this error: "Netpackets out of order: received[1], expected[0]".  So definitely not good news here to get things running.

The solution I found was to uninstall MariaDB version 10.4.11, reboot and install an older version of MariaDB.  I had version 10.2.12 available. I installed that, and from thence forth could run the RadioDJ database setup.exe, validate correctly, install a new database and then successfully run radiodj.exe version 1.8.2.

This might help with someone that has to install the older version of RDJ again with a newer MariaDB engine.  If problems, run an older MariaDB engine.  Also be sure to put the extracted radiodj1.8.2.zip files at the root of the "C" drive. At C:\Radiodj, not C:\Radiodj182\radiodj\.  Some of the older Windows extraction utilities will put them there in the second subfolder by default. And things won't work right. (It had been a few years since installing, I didn't catch that mistake immediately).

[attachment deleted by admin]

DJ Philouee

Thanks for the tip.  I pretty much did the same thing, however I did use the latest Maria db with RDJ v1.82, and it worked flawlessly.  It may have something to do with the OS.  I did a backup of my station from a Windows 7 to a Windows 10 computer.  I only had problems in finding the files after import.  It's possible it has something to do with Windows Vista.  My next step is to upgrade to RDJ v. 2

RFU

But once you install with the older MariaDB, it will upgrade to the newer versions with any problems
Гордий бути українцем, Ми - Радіо Вільної України.