• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

RadioDJ v2.0.2.0 Beta Released!

Started by Marius, January 19, 2020, 05:40:19 PM

Chip Douglas Mosley

Hi Marius!

I just deleted the installation and used the new one. It seems to be working really well. Thanks for your help (again)!
Chip Douglas Mosley
Jukebox 92.7 WEPQ
www.jukebox927.com
Radio DJ user since 2016, Live365 since 2019
Upgraded to v2.0.4.5 on January 25, 2024

FL Coast

Hi Marius,

Just Started testing 2.0.2.0 but noticed the follow is still not working

https://www.radiodj.ro/community/index.php?topic=13210.msg74544#msg74544

Thanks,
Wayne
:)    Play the Music and Have Fun!    :ok:
==================================
Fun In The Sun,  From the Florida Coast
"It is what we learn after we think we know it all, that counts."
John Wooden 1910 - 2010

DJ Garybaldy

Don't know about anyone else but the songs/artist repeating bug seems to have been fixed here.

I'm not seeing songs by the currently playing artist populating the bottom of the queue as I was in 2016

2020 is playing away nicely I'm loving the new audio settings being able to turn parts on or off is genius. I've emlinated the Equaliser and things still sound great.
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

klimo

Hi Marius,

I'm facing a little annoying bug, I don't know if it's the normal behaviour :
I open track edit window for a queued track (for example the next track to be played in pos #1) when this track is supposed to play, it is ignored and the track in #2 position is played.
As sometimes I correct track titles in the last minute....

Concerning what DJ Garybaldy said just before, I think the repeating track bug still exist:
I'm using essentially SQL requests (procedures) in my rotations , and autodj is set to always show 8 tracks queued , when rotation loads (or when clearing the playlist)  the same track is loaded eight times but in my sql request i'm saying to not load a track already in "queue" table ;
the only way to correct that is to have only 1 track queued in autodj mode.

I have another little annoying things happen like this :

21 Jan 2020 08:52:49
Cannot find table 0.   at System.Data.DataTableCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at rdjInterface.Playlist.AutoDJClass.?????????????????????????????????????????(DataTableCollection , Int32 )
   at rdjInterface.Playlist.AutoDJClass.GeneratePlaylist(Int32 RotationID, Int32 ItemsCount, Double duration)
   at ~\&v%7IY(HG("5N\[WS0>k^\[32!.?????????????????????????????????????????.?????????????????????????????????????????()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at ~\&v%7IY(HG("5N\[WS0>k^\[32!.LZ5YQ5\.CZKF')Ssu_8Rk3nu7.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_0(Object state)

and radioDJ plays the last tracks in queue and stops...I have to reload RDJ
It seems a timeout problem with mariadb (in another server in my local network)  but why RDJ does not retry to connect preventing the radio to become silent ...

Thanks Marius, I have some other little things to ask for but not very important, and as I'm coding a little too I know it's lots of work, explaining the long time between the last beta release...

:cool:
BUSUM TRANSMISSION RADIO
https://busum.net

FreerunMedia

Now i am wondering about another thing and maybe Marius can shed some light on it. Can i test RadioDJ V2.02 beta on Windows XP on a P4? Just to push the limits or is it not working from the start?
Running 3 editions V1.8.2 at www.salto.nl and v1.8.2 at radio251.nl. ( NOW with 2 live studio's! )

DJ Garybaldy

Quote from: FreerunMedia on January 21, 2020, 04:16:52 PM
Now i am wondering about another thing and maybe Marius can shed some light on it. Can i test RadioDJ V2.02 beta on Windows XP on a P4? Just to push the limits or is it not working from the start?

I doubt it as .NET 4.6 and above will not install on XP and Newer versions of RDJ require .NET 4.6

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

FreerunMedia

Quote from: DJ Garybaldy on January 21, 2020, 04:22:19 PM
I doubt it as .NET 4.6 and above will not install on XP and Newer versions of RDJ require .NET 4.6

Sounds like a fail from start  :hihi: Oke thanks, need to clear another PC for it than  ;)
Running 3 editions V1.8.2 at www.salto.nl and v1.8.2 at radio251.nl. ( NOW with 2 live studio's! )

Chip Douglas Mosley

Questions about the audio output of 2.0.2.0beta...

1) The volume of the TTS is a lot less than in 2.0.1.6b. Using the same tracks, the TTS is buried in the music audio. I have the same settings in both versions but they don't seem to operating the same way.

2) The AGC is not as good in 2.0.2.0b as it is in 2.0.1.6b. I put the audio on my stream overnight and into this morning and several listeners noted that parts of the audio blasted out while other parts were quieter than in the v2.0.1.6b stream. The listeners were not aware that I was beta testing a new version.

3) I wonder if the problem comes from separation of the different actions of the audio processing. I set compression and AGC presets the same as I had them in v2.0.1.6b and still find that the volume output on the stream is different.

3) And again, I bring up for discussion the fact that any music file followed by an EVENT will play the music out to the end point, not the NEXT point, creating a short period of dead air.

For example,

MUSIC SONG #1
EVENT
   Weather Jingle
   Weather Forecast
   Station Jingle
MUSIC SONG #2

Song #1 plays out to the END cue, not the NEXT cue, before moving into the EVENT. If I change the settings so that the EVENT is deleted and Song #1 goes straight into the Weather Jingle, Song #1 plays to the NEXT cue.

I use the EVENT because it's easier to set it up once and insert it every time I need the EVENT rather than having to write out the sequence each time it occurs in the flow of programming.

Any thoughts or discussion on this will be appreciated. I really want to use v2.0.2.0b but I don't want to put it on my stream again until these issues can be resolved.

Thanks, Marius. I do appreciate your hard work! :cool:
Chip Douglas Mosley
Jukebox 92.7 WEPQ
www.jukebox927.com
Radio DJ user since 2016, Live365 since 2019
Upgraded to v2.0.4.5 on January 25, 2024

Calypso

Quote from: DJ Garybaldy on January 21, 2020, 11:22:37 AM
Don't know about anyone else but the songs/artist repeating bug seems to have been fixed here.

Here it isn't. I've thought of a way of reproducing it, and it's quite easy. Unless I'm making a fundamental thinking mistake, using the $ForceRepeatRules$ in an SQL rotation should respect the Repeat Rules.

When I make a rotation in 2.0.2.0 with a number of SQL queries in it like

SELECT ID FROM songs WHERE enabled=1 AND artist like '%beat%' AND $ForceRepeatRules$ ORDER BY `date_played` ASC, RAND() LIMIT 1;
SELECT ID FROM songs WHERE enabled=1 AND artist like '%beat%' AND $ForceRepeatRules$ ORDER BY `date_played` ASC, RAND() LIMIT 1;

I'd expect to only have 1 time "Beatles" in it, but instead I have them five times in my list of 10 tracks that the playlist is populated with, and from another band I even have the same song in there twice. Also, there are 24 artists available to be played with "Beat" in it - so it normally should be able to find a correct selection.

Now I think it can be "fixed (more or less)" with setting the number of songs to keep in the playlist to "1", but for my way of using Rotation Rules, it's important that it's always filled with at least one "full" sequence. And as said, I'd expect the $ForceRepeatRules$ to also consider the tracks already selected to be placed in the playlist.

plauri

I've been a bit busy these days... I noticed the new version two days later... I'm getting old  :D Installed and working smootly in beta test with most of the events, intros, teasers etc. I have live. I tried tts too and, as somebody said, I had to rise girl's voice to 150 to hear something! Another great work, Marius!  :ok:     
Funky Corner Radio
Radiodj v.2.0.4.5 (Windows 10)
http://www.funkycorner.radio
https://www.funkycorner.it
http://www.radiofunkycorner.com

Marius

Thanks for the feedback guys!

TTS: the volume is indeed lower and that's because when generating the output as a file, there is a volume setting in the Speech.Synthesis .net api, but that is ignored when generating the output to memory. Probably the volume is the default one.

Repeat rules: When using the sql rotation and regular rotation, the results are different, because the way it selects tracks is different. When using rotation from sql, the repeat rules uses the old method which was used in the older versions of RadioDJ (based purely by sql, which has some limitations), but on normal rotations the procedure is very different because the sql filtering only applies on enabled tracks, category, subcategory and genre and then a list is generated which is manipulated manually. While this can be a little slower, it  gives me more control over the results.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

Jhonny

NOW PLAYING INFO
Is the stream server working?
if so do we have to put our own codec in (a folder)?
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

DJ Garybaldy

Quote from: Jhonny on January 22, 2020, 10:22:10 AM
NOW PLAYING INFO
Is the stream server working?
if so do we have to put our own codec in (a folder)?

If i'm reading the Plugin correctly I think its like the Song title Updater I have on my website.

It will update the now playing info to a server if that server is being fed by an encoder that doesn't support title streaming out of the box (e.g: SAMCast)

Jhonny

got confused by icecast and shoutcast setting.
thought it was the same as the stream plugin v1.1 of 182.

So my mistake
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

Calypso

Quote from: Marius on January 22, 2020, 09:41:51 AM
Repeat rules: When using the sql rotation and regular rotation, the results are different, because the way it selects tracks is different. When using rotation from sql, the repeat rules uses the old method which was used in the older versions of RadioDJ (based purely by sql, which has some limitations), but on normal rotations the procedure is very different because the sql filtering only applies on enabled tracks, category, subcategory and genre and then a list is generated which is manipulated manually. While this can be a little slower, it  gives me more control over the results.

Basically this means that SQL Rotation is more or less useless; it doesn't respect repeat rules for tracks in the playlist (but not played yet), so you have the risk that tracks/artists/titles are put into the queue multiple times. Maybe I can change my SQL statements in such a way that they also look into the queue, but I'd expect that that piece of code is taken care of by $ForceRepeatRules$.