RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum

Loading same artist before selected time

Loading same artist before selected time
« on: February 21, 2020, 07:55:31 PM »
I have set up artists not to repeat for at least 75 minutes. But sometimes, quite often in fact, it will load an artist back to back or just a few songs apart. What's wrong?  And yes, I've checked the spelling, they are the same.

Re: Loading same artist before selected time
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 09:08:48 PM »
I have set up artists not to repeat for at least 75 minutes. But sometimes, quite often in fact, it will load an artist back to back or just a few songs apart. What's wrong?  And yes, I've checked the spelling, they are the same.

Which version of RadioDJ? Do you use SQL statements for your rotation?

Most obvious reasons (in general):

* Newer versions and SQL statements in rotation: SQL statement doesn't take the items in the queue into consideration
* Not latest version of RadioDJ: there were some bugs in the rotation processing, these should be fixed now
* Using "normal" rotation items? Perhaps checked the "Ignore Rotation Rules" box?
* In case of newer versions: they don't work with the "on the fly" seperation anymore, you have to populate the associated artists field. Can be done through the Utilities menu.

Re: Loading same artist before selected time
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2020, 11:09:22 PM »
Version 2.0.0.3  I don't know what you mean by SQL statements. I use the Tracks rotation in the RadioDJ  configuration menu.