Author Topic: RadioDJ is rock solid, Running on VPS  (Read 1738 times)

mpxwebradio

• New User

• Personal Text
    Don't copy other people. Be Unique
    • MPX Web Rádio Official Website
RadioDJ is rock solid, Running on VPS
« on: March 20, 2020, 07:36:06 PM »
Finally i've changed from Jazler on my broadcast studio to RadioDJ running inside a VPS Server with Z/IPStream X2 doing the processing (omnia.9) and streaming encoding. I'm very impressed with the v2 version of RadioDJ, That software is extremely powerfull for a freeware solution, It's getting more advanced and stable than Commercial solutions. if you want to hear us visit https://mpxwebradio.com and select one of the two stations.
https://mpxwebradio.com
Brazilian Hitradio/Top40 + EDM/Eurodance Online Stations.
Top end audio processing with Z/IPStream and Omnia.9
100% digital audio path using livewire.

djclewes

• Personal Text
    Name is Rich feel free to say hi
    • South Lanarkshire Radio
Re: RadioDJ is rock solid, Running on VPS
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2021, 03:12:30 AM »
I like messing around with stuff especially now we're in lock down. Anyway the server went down in the studio and this lead to radiodj going offline and requiring a backup server to kick in as we can't get access to the building. So I thought about a remote radiodj. First thought was Web server but then though nahhh. Then thought about a vps. After loads of reading I got it working.

I got a vps from epic hosts with Windows server 2012

I installed mariadb
I installed radiodj
I installed butt broadcaster
I installed virtual audio cables
I uploaded music and hey presto I got it working

Problem I had was remote desktop kept logging me out so it would stop radiodj working. So I installed teamviewer and problem solved.

Now I can access my station payout system anywhere.
Owner of South Lanarkshire

FIREFOX

• New User

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2021, 03:10:30 AM »
Hi Rich,

which server did you go for?  what amount of ram?  and I assume you got them to install a free sound card (or was that needed)

And finally...., does the station continue even when you log off, or does it shut down sortly afterwards

thanks

La-Prise

• New User

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 07:19:33 PM »
It seems he uses virtual audio cables as a virtual soundcard but it doesn't work well in my VPS environment (and I need help  :'( )