Author Topic: JockeyProLT  (Read 694 times)

JockeyProLT

• New User

JockeyProLT
« on: March 24, 2020, 03:44:37 PM »
Hi All,

I'm the executive director of an LP FM in Valparaiso, Indiana, and yesterday we were beset by an issue which might seem small to you. We used an automation since our founding (2002) called JockeyProLT, created by James Flinn. It is now no longer being made. It also was used on XP OS systems, which are no longer being recognized by Windows.

The software came to identify who we were as a station - each liner, spot, promo, legal ID and PSA being spread throughout a broadcasting day, and the genres of music being randomly scheduled through the day. What I liked were two great features: the jockbox for themes and also the fact you could see (and predict) how the schedule would proceed. And the top of the hour ID came at the top of the hour. The program was a steady performer, and end-user easy.

We program into a day's schedule pre-records and rebroadcasts at certain hours and times.

So, obviously, it would be nice to have this program back. It is no longer available, so I am not hopeful. And, our radio guy is now experimenting with RadioDJ. Can RadioDJ give us the same aforementioned options and is it end-user friendly.

My text/cell is 219-707-3062
Our email and site are as follows: wvlp.org or info@wvlp.org

Any automation advice and help is greatly appreciated. And thank you all for reading my post.

Gregg Kovach

DJ Garybaldy

• Global Moderator

• Personal Text
    Don't Shoot! I'm only the Moderator
    • DJ Garybaldy Blog
Re: JockeyProLT
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 04:14:05 PM »
Hi welcome to the forums.

RadioDJ has many ways of automating your PSA's liners, spots, promos, legal IDs etc...

Have a play around with events it gives you quite a lot of flexibility. You can have events repeat by the hour. you can fire multiple event actions at once which should make your stream sound slick.

You also have the option to use sweepers on the end/beginning of a track too. RadioDJ can do a lot of things its a very powerful piece of software
Proud USER of RadioDJ since 2010

https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com

How to Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

RadioDJ is the Swiss Army Knife of radio playout software

RadioDJ is my most FAVOURITE piece of software EVER

He-j

• Personal Text
    HEJ say JEH
    • Hej Radio
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 08:50:45 PM »
You will find a lot of info and tutorials on the website of Jhonny and on Gary's site:

https://radiodj.info/
https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/

If you have any other questions, just let us know. The Radio DJ forum is a very active forum with many worldwide users who want to help you.
Hej Radio ► Netherlands
https://hejradio.jimdofree.com/

packzap

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2020, 12:56:24 AM »
We used JockeyPro many years ago.  RadioDJ is light years ahead of that program in features, design, implementation, and stability.  And it's FREE!  Can you believe that?

I'm sure once you install RadioDj and take it for a walk you will be very impressed.  Plus, you don't have to enter a program key anytime you upgrade or re-install RadioDJ.

Good luck and have fun!!! :ok:

nikroberts

• Personal Text
    IndianaTalks.com Executive
    • Indiana Talks
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2020, 06:31:30 AM »
Hi All,

I'm the executive director of an LP FM in Valparaiso, Indiana, and yesterday we were beset by an issue which might seem small to you. We used an automation since our founding (2002) called JockeyProLT, created by James Flinn. It is now no longer being made. It also was used on XP OS systems, which are no longer being recognized by Windows.

The software came to identify who we were as a station - each liner, spot, promo, legal ID and PSA being spread throughout a broadcasting day, and the genres of music being randomly scheduled through the day. What I liked were two great features: the jockbox for themes and also the fact you could see (and predict) how the schedule would proceed. And the top of the hour ID came at the top of the hour. The program was a steady performer, and end-user easy.

We program into a day's schedule pre-records and rebroadcasts at certain hours and times.

So, obviously, it would be nice to have this program back. It is no longer available, so I am not hopeful. And, our radio guy is now experimenting with RadioDJ. Can RadioDJ give us the same aforementioned options and is it end-user friendly.

My text/cell is 219-707-3062
Our email and site are as follows: wvlp.org or info@wvlp.org

Any automation advice and help is greatly appreciated. And thank you all for reading my post.

Gregg Kovach

Hi Gregg,

My name is Nik and I am local to you in Indianapolis. I know RadioDJ inside and out and it outperforms alot of systems out there that charge thousands. This would be more than enough vs. JockeyProLT. Been using for 6+ years. Feel free to call me anytime I wouldn't mind even helping you convert.

317-210-2715
Proudly using RadioDJ powering Indiana Talks a progressive talk radio station in Indianapolis, IN