Author Topic: Internet stream Import stopped working for a specific URL  (Read 423 times)

chanito

• New User

Internet stream Import stopped working for a specific URL
« on: March 28, 2020, 03:14:57 PM »
Found a good hourly news feed MP3 url. Imported as Internet Stream into 'News'. Set to play once then Delete, thinking that would keep the directory clean. Put the 'News' item in a track rotation. It worked once. Now, the track is gone and I can't import it again. Put URL in, hit the checkmark, nothing. Tried a different MP3 stream url  I hadn't used before, and it works. What gives? Tried resetting history, etc. Nothing. Any ideas?

[Sorry, this should be in the V2 section]

FreerunMedia

• Personal Text
    Proud user of RadioDJ
    • Radio 251 , Gewoon gezellig
Re: Internet stream Import stopped working for a specific URL
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 04:48:38 PM »
Found a good hourly news feed MP3 url. Imported as Internet Stream into 'News'. Set to play once then Delete, thinking that would keep the directory clean. Put the 'News' item in a track rotation. It worked once. Now, the track is gone and I can't import it again. Put URL in, hit the checkmark, nothing. Tried a different MP3 stream url  I hadn't used before, and it works. What gives? Tried resetting history, etc. Nothing. Any ideas?

[Sorry, this should be in the V2 section]

First of all, no news is free anymore. The way you discribe it it's very likely that the site is blocking your IP adres. That way you can't import it. If you still can listen to it on a normal PC, check your disabled tracks. If it's up there, just delete it and try to import it again. Don;t do this as a track or variable duration but as an internetstream. That should do the trick.
Running 3 editions V1.8.2 at www.salto.nl and v1.8.2 at radio251.nl. ( NOW with 2 live studio's! )