• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Auto restart of Win10 and required apps following crash or power cut?

Started by ignitenz, March 31, 2020, 07:23:11 AM

ignitenz

Hi all,

How do I set up Win10 so that if there is a crash/power cut Windows immediately restarts, loads and launches RDJ and our stand alone encoder?

The better answer would be to get a UPS, but these are a bit pricey, and I couldn't get one atm due to lockdown, so am looking for a work around.

Hoping someone can help.

Cheers,
Bryan.

stevewa

bios => boot on power restore

windows 10 => startup folder, shortcut to radiodj exe file

DJ Garybaldy

Be warned RadioDJ sometimes doesn't like auto starting on Windows startup unless the database service (mysqld.exe) loads first.

You could use batch files (.bat) to delay the opening of radiodj by a few seconds (Google will be the source of knowledge on that one)
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

KXOL1660AM

There is an app called startup delayer.
Under options you set mysqld as required to finish loading before the delay list starts.
That allows you to have a delay of 0 seconds after mariadb loads, giving you the fastest possible automatic start up a radio DJ.

This is what I do for a radio station that is using Windows 10, which seems to like to reboot more often than it should do to security subsystem updates.

I have been using Startup Delayer with radio DJ for over a decade now.

As mentioned, you need to set in your bios: power restore after AC failure, which may use slightly different terminology depending on your make and model of computer.

The free version works, unless you want to logout of your main account and log back in with a different one, in which case you need the paid version. Also, radio DJ does not like for you to switch user accounts while it is running by default.

Thanks Marius, for the best free automation for radio. :cool:

FreerunMedia

Quote from: DJ Garybaldy on March 31, 2020, 05:08:56 PM
Be warned RadioDJ sometimes doesn't like auto starting on Windows startup unless the database service (mysqld.exe) loads first.

You could use batch files (.bat) to delay the opening of radiodj by a few seconds (Google will be the source of knowledge on that one)

You could also try this *.bat file. Just copy everything in a .txt document and rename that to .bat. Put that file in the startup and it works fine. RadioDJ won't be started until the database is ready. ( Hope i may paste this code )

cls
@ECHO OFF
ECHO RadioDJ, Delaying Start for 15 seconds, until SQL database is ready...

REM run a ping command with a number after -n,
REM it will delay execution of the script for that many seconds +1
REM i.e. 31 will delay execution of the next line for 30 seconds

PING localhost -n 31 >NUL

REM change to the directory folder where RadioDJ is installed
cd c:\RadioDJ

REM start the RadioDJ program
start "starting RadioDJ" c:\RadioDJ\RadioDJ.exe
Running 3 editions V1.8.2 at www.salto.nl and v1.8.2 at radio251.nl. ( NOW with 2 live studio's! )

boijacks

How do you set up Startup Delayer?

Any tips?

Advance thanks.

Quote from: KXOL1660AM on April 29, 2020, 06:02:05 PM
There is an app called startup delayer.
Under options you set mysqld as required to finish loading before the delay list starts.
That allows you to have a delay of 0 seconds after mariadb loads, giving you the fastest possible automatic start up a radio DJ.

This is what I do for a radio station that is using Windows 10, which seems to like to reboot more often than it should do to security subsystem updates.

I have been using Startup Delayer with radio DJ for over a decade now.

As mentioned, you need to set in your bios: power restore after AC failure, which may use slightly different terminology depending on your make and model of computer.

The free version works, unless you want to logout of your main account and log back in with a different one, in which case you need the paid version. Also, radio DJ does not like for you to switch user accounts while it is running by default.

Thanks Marius, for the best free automation for radio. :cool: