• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Playlist question

Started by progpalace, April 09, 2020, 02:26:42 AM

progpalace

I am new to RadioDJ and I come from using Sam Broadcaster for the last 20 years.
Being new to this I attempted to look for a topic, but nothing came up on this specifically.

I have a show that's pre-recorded sort of, I have a list of songs with the intros and usually added the M3U to Sam using the Event and later removed the tracks afterwards from the datebase. In reviewing the Event setup in RadioDJ I can do a similar setup and the songs are listed in the database, but are not active if I read it correctly, if I am correct I can go in and delete them after the show plays. Or is there a better option to do this?

Also I realize I'm use to the old setup and now I'm using RadioDJ and Rocket Broadcaster, but is there a way to mute the station, but only on the computer and not the stream?

Thanks for your assistance and I hope everyone is doing well out there.

Chip Douglas Mosley

I think I can help you with the second question.

If you have RDJ showing in the hidden icons (that ^ near the clock on the lower right side of your monitor), right click on the icon. You'll find an option to mute the sound in the pull down bar. If you have your speakers set up correctly, this will turn off your computer speakers without effecting the output to Rocket Broadcaster.

Hope this helps, and welcome aboard!
Chip Douglas Mosley
Jukebox 92.7 WEPQ
www.jukebox927.com
Radio DJ user since 2016, Live365 since 2019
Upgraded to v2.0.4.5 on January 25, 2024

Jhonny

Quote from: progpalace on April 09, 2020, 02:26:42 AM

I have a show that's pre-recorded sort of, I have a list of songs with the intros and usually added the M3U to Sam using the Event and later removed the tracks afterwards from the datebase. In reviewing the Event setup in RadioDJ I can do a similar setup and the songs are listed in the database, but are not active if I read it correctly, if I am correct I can go in and delete them after the show plays. Or is there a better option to do this?

Thanks for your assistance and I hope everyone is doing well out there.
You don't have to delete the tracks after playing.
Use the playlist builder and make equivalent playlists and save them as radiodj playlists
Maybe you like to us a playlist a other time
In the option playlist you can see all your playlists.And with a event you can play playlist

R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

progpalace

Quote from: Chip Douglas Mosley on April 09, 2020, 06:32:27 AM
I think I can help you with the second question.

If you have RDJ showing in the hidden icons (that ^ near the clock on the lower right side of your monitor), right click on the icon. You'll find an option to mute the sound in the pull down bar. If you have your speakers set up correctly, this will turn off your computer speakers without effecting the output to Rocket Broadcaster.

Hope this helps, and welcome aboard!

I was able to mute it as you suggested, however upon further review it also muted the stream.
Not sure if it makes a difference, but I am using Rocket Broadcaster Pro version.
Is there a better option available?
Thanks,
Greg

Chip Douglas Mosley

For it to work, you should go to your configurations (the little wrench on the bottom right hand side), click on the options, the go to setting and sound card.  Your monitoring (cue) output should be set to a different sound card or output for it to work. Set your monitoring to your computer speakers and the rest to your stream output.

The way I told you to mute should work if the monitoring output is set up that way and should be the only thing that mutes.

Hope that helps!
Chip Douglas Mosley
Jukebox 92.7 WEPQ
www.jukebox927.com
Radio DJ user since 2016, Live365 since 2019
Upgraded to v2.0.4.5 on January 25, 2024

progpalace

Quote from: Chip Douglas Mosley on April 10, 2020, 01:21:55 AM
For it to work, you should go to your configurations (the little wrench on the bottom right hand side), click on the options, the go to setting and sound card.  Your monitoring (cue) output should be set to a different sound card or output for it to work. Set your monitoring to your computer speakers and the rest to your stream output.

The way I told you to mute should work if the monitoring output is set up that way and should be the only thing that mutes.

Hope that helps!

Hey Thanks for the info. I tried that and I must be doing something wrong here. I have an Apollo Twin for my mic input and using it as well for the Main. It's currently set as default. I have my built-in sound setup and made the changes and I know it works, but when I mute RDJ it's muting the main giving me no sound out.

I'm guessing I need to switch the main to the sound card and the cue to the Apollo so it works properly.
Just wish I didn't have to restart RDJ after sound card changes.
Thanks again.