• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Working Out A Problem With Events

Started by Chip Douglas Mosley, April 10, 2020, 01:52:07 AM

Chip Douglas Mosley

I've not had a lot of luck figuring this out, so I'll bring it to the group again to find a solution... :bash:

I set up some of the repetitive parts of my format as Sub-Events (an event within an event), but I find that in a lot of cases, any Sub-Event that plays after a song will put a little dead air between the song and the Event.

EXAMPLE:
EVENT:
Jingle
Song
     SUB EVENT:
     Promo
     Commercials
     Time Check
     Weather
     Jingle
Song
Song
Clear playlist

The problem is that the song has to completely fade out (or come to a cold end) before the Sub-Event starts. The song has a NEXT cue, but the Sub-Event ignores the NEXT cue of the song and starts at the END cue of the song. >:D That leaves a dead air spot.

Is there any way to work around this? Anybody know why the Sub-Event ignores the fade cue of the song that runs before it? I don't want to stop using the Sub-Events because I have that specific Sub-Event programmed in 48 times a day and it would be a real pain to have to re-edit 48 clocks. :huh:

TIA and I appreciate your help. :cool:
Chip Douglas Mosley
Jukebox 92.7 WEPQ
www.jukebox927.com
Radio DJ user since 2016, Live365 since 2019
Upgraded to v2.0.4.5 on January 25, 2024

Calypso

Quote from: Chip Douglas Mosley on April 10, 2020, 01:52:07 AM
I've not had a lot of luck figuring this out, so I'll bring it to the group again to find a solution... :bash:

I set up some of the repetitive parts of my format as Sub-Events (an event within an event), but I find that in a lot of cases, any Sub-Event that plays after a song will put a little dead air between the song and the Event.

What happens is most likely that your subevent generates some SQL statements (ofcourse it does, it always does) and that takes time to process in RDJ. That can cause that small pause. What you can do is place the event _before_ the track that you want to play before the subevent and then build in a pause (seconds to wait) in your event to start with.

So what will happen then is that RDJ starts your event, the event processing will wait for (say) 10 seconds, and your next song already will be played. Then 10 seconds into the "last" song, your subevent will process the next steps.