• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Music tempo?

Started by shawncochran, April 15, 2020, 02:44:17 PM

shawncochran

I feel bad making any request for something I use for free  :(
Anyway, in a future build if there were a way to add a category (separation) to the music for "slow" "medium" and "uptempo" songs, that'd be great. For instance, in my 80s category I have 1,447 songs - and the rules keep artists and song titles from repeating; love that! But sometimes RadioDJ has picked a slow song and then an uptempo song, followed by a slow song - I would like to be able to create a rule that allows for a nicer transition like "any slow song must follow a medium song only, or be segued by another slow or medium song."
Pirate Radio America - You NEVER KNOW what you're gonna get!
http://www.pirateradioamerica.us

Calypso

Quote from: shawncochran on April 15, 2020, 02:44:17 PM
Anyway, in a future build if there were a way to add a category (separation) to the music for "slow" "medium" and "uptempo" songs, that'd be great. For instance, in my 80s category I have 1,447 songs - and the rules keep artists and song titles from repeating; love that! But sometimes RadioDJ has picked a slow song and then an uptempo song, followed by a slow song - I would like to be able to create a rule that allows for a nicer transition like "any slow song must follow a medium song only, or be segued by another slow or medium song."

Can't you just use genre for it?

OnePlayRadio

Quote from: shawncochran on April 15, 2020, 02:44:17 PM

1.- define the BPM of the songs, you can do it with "BPM Counter" that application analyzes your files and defines the BPM of each file

2.- in RadioDJ in the option: Utilities -> TAgs Synchronization, you select only BPM and press "From TAGS to Database"

3.- use a query that allows to make a rotation using BPM ranges for the selected songs, there is information in the forum about using queries to the database.

I hope it will help you.

Regrads  :cool:
One Play Radio
http://www.oneplayradio.com
Tw: @oneplayradio
Fb: oneplayfm
-- La Evolución de la Revolución --

bazclack

So you can now sort a rotation by BPM?
Witney Radio 99.9FM, 105.3FM & 107.4FM & online @ www.witney.radio

Jhonny

@ shawncochran

Don't feel bad making any request for something!  :hihi: The members like to help any wear.

In your case yo need two lines in a rotation.
With a query selection.
Line 1 (where XXX is set the bpm number like 98 for slow).
SELECT ID, bpm, artist, title FROM songs WHERE $ForceRepeatRules$ AND  bpm= XXX  LIMIT 1;

Line 2 (where XXX is set the bpm number like  for fast).
SELECT ID, bpm, artist, title FROM songs WHERE $ForceRepeatRules$ AND  bpm= XXX  LIMIT 1;

$ForceRepeatRules$     (this is for not selecting the same  Artist, Tile or Album).

I have type this out of my head. So test please.

R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English