RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum

Mixing in real time

Mixing in real time
« on: May 09, 2020, 07:16:30 AM »
Hello!!! :), a suggestion is to incorporate as a "plugin" a real-time mixing tool, to edit outputs and inputs of the song with a jingle, commercial or another song, it is something similar to the "CUE EDITOR" option, we can edit in real time (while we are transmitting) at what moment our "jingle, sweeper, Whatsapp voices from our listeners, commercials, etc" will go. whether we can introduce it at the beginning, during or at the end of a song. Another recommendation is that we can also record our voice in the "plugin" and accommodate it at the moment that we want it to appear in the transmission.

Offline DJ Garybaldy

• Well it was FUN while it lasted!
    • DJ Garybaldy Blog
Re: Mixing in real time
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 12:40:19 PM »
Pretty sure this has been asked before and I think the answer was no.

RadioDJ isn't a DJ mixing program its just a radio studio playout software there's a difference. You want a program like VirtualDJ or Mixxx
Proud USER of RadioDJ since 2010

Computer: Windows 10 Pro 16GB RAM & AMD 10 processor

TIP: When you make a change in RadioDJ BACKUP the database!

New Blog: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/

(djgarybaldy.co.uk 2011-2020 I think I made a difference 1,472,323 page views)

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2020, 02:55:32 PM »
Pretty sure this has been asked before and I think the answer was no.

RadioDJ isn't a DJ mixing program its just a radio studio playout software there's a difference. You want a program like VirtualDJ or Mixxx

I am not talking about mixing music itself, but about perfecting our radio program with "jingles, voices, etc" in an optimal and dynamic way. This "tool" is used by large radial chains due to its ease of use. :)

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2020, 06:03:18 PM »

I am not talking about mixing music itself, but about perfecting our radio program with "jingles, voices, etc" in an optimal and dynamic way. This "tool" is used by large radial chains due to its ease of use. :)

I was one of the people asking for it; and no, it's not a mixing editor in the way that you seamless mix songs together. It's a tool to place things like jingles exactly the way you want it, or to make the transition between songs the way you want it. All only for one time - so nothing is saved into the database or something like that.

The answer was not no but more like "I don't know how to do this, my programming skills are more or less limited in this part".

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2020, 03:31:41 PM »
if you are talking about playing content in realtime, why can't you just load the jingle files into aux or instant players, and click the play button when you want it to play?

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2020, 06:25:38 PM »
if you are talking about playing content in realtime, why can't you just load the jingle files into aux or instant players, and click the play button when you want it to play?

That's about the same as "why would you use RadioDJ for a live show when you can do the same with 2 mediaplayers on your PC". A lot of DJs want to prepare, and the sequence and when you want to start jingles is part of that. And that can be different for one jingle in a number of times, so you don't want to mess with cue points every time.

Almost all (major) other playout systems have an segue editor (or how they call it) to one-time edit the "flow" of how tracks (and/or jingles) are played back to back. Or maybe even on top of eachother. So there is definitely a demand for it "in the field". For me, at this moment, it'd be a reason to switch to another playout system. If only I've not invested so much time and effort in getting RDJ do what I want (customizing).
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 07:06:36 AM by Calypso »

Offline spons

• Hilversum Drie || Perfecte Popmuziek!
    • HilversumDrie
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2020, 07:08:39 PM »
+1 very much the same with me..! Segue editor would make RDJ complete  :cool:
=========================================
www.hitsyndicaat.nl || Proud RadioDJ User since 2013

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2020, 09:56:53 PM »
That's about the same as "why would you use RadioDJ for a live show when you can do the same with 2 mediaplayers on your PC". A lot of DJs want to prepare, and the sequence and when you want to start jingles is part of that. And that can be different for one jingle in a number of times, so you don't want to mess with cue points every time.

Almost all (major) other playout systems have an segue editor (or how they call it) to one-time edit the "flow" of how tracks (and/or jingles) are played back to back. Or maybe even on top of eachother. So there is definitely a demand for it "in the field". For me, at this moment, it'd be a reason to switch to another playout system. If only I've not invested so much time and effort in getting RDJ do what I want (customizing).

I totally agree with you. It is a very necessary tool, it would make the RJ a complete and extremely professional program. Today it is used in large radio networks. :ok:

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2020, 04:18:44 PM »
Hi, it would be a big step forward, The editor of Segue would make RDJ complete. Let's wait...   8) 8) 8)

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2020, 06:44:19 AM »
As of beta v2.0.2.0, in the Playlist Builder you can use the Temporary Edit feature which saves the adjusted markers only for that playlist.

That screengrab is from Dalet, however PlayIt Live has a similar function that is less complex - see attached.

It may be less work to try and achieve something similar?

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2020, 06:56:37 AM »
As of beta v2.0.2.0, in the Playlist Builder you can use the Temporary Edit feature which saves the adjusted markers only for that playlist.

I know, but that's not a very practical solution when you're playing live. Instead of adding tracks to the queue, you'd have to create a playlist, add the files in there, edit them seperately (so not like in your view in respect to eachother), save the playlist, add the playlist to your queue, and afterwards remove the playlist again... That's the reason I'm not using it - also because you have to go back and forward between the tracks until it's right like you want it.

Selecting a song, seeing how the start or end is "behaving" towards the track before (of after) it and being able to "move it around" and change the ramps of fading would be so much better...