RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum

Differences between internal RadioDJ playlists and .M3U playlists

Hi Everyone,

We have been using RadioDJ for about a year or so and things have got pretty messy, particular with our playlists. We would like to rename them to a standard naming convention since we have multiple operators. Is there a way to do this? I have asked in a another forum, but no replies.

Also, are there any differences/benefits to saving playlists as RadioDJ or M3U playlists? The one benefit I can see with using M3U playlists is better organization and easier access. We have probably over 100 playlists created and it can be cumbersome to try to find it in the long list. Saving them as M3U playlists in folders seems like a better way, at least for organization. Are their any other benefits or limitations saving them this way, or does RadioDJ prefer their built in playlist format? We have no intention to use another playlist program, at least yet anyway, so the M3U playlists would be created and saved using RadioDJ.

Sorry if these are too newbie to ask.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 03:50:36 AM by Argo82 »

Offline PROducer

• Long Time Radio Guy
    • The Rooster
Re: Differences between internal RadioDJ playlists and .M3U playlists
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 09:19:05 PM »
Hi Everyone,

We have been using RadioDJ for about a year or so and things have got pretty messy, particular with our playlists. We would like to rename them to a standard naming convention since we have multiple operators. Is there a way to do this? I have asked in a another forum, but no replies.

Also, are there any differences/benefits to saving playlists as RadioDJ or M3U playlists? The one benefit I can see with using M3U playlists is better organization and easier access. We have probably over 100 playlists created and it can be cumbersome to try to find it in the long list. Saving them as M3U playlists in folders seems like a better way, at least for organization. Are their any other benefits or limitations saving them this way, or does RadioDJ prefer their built in playlist format? We have no intention to use another playlist program, at least yet anyway, so the M3U playlists would be created and saved using RadioDJ.

Sorry if these are too newbie to ask.
I use an external scheduler to create daily logs (playlists) which I break up into hourly chunks, and use events to load.  The benefit which I see in using external (m3u) playlists is less access to the database, and also a smaller database.

Offline Sojo

• There is no Present like the Time!
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 03:47:04 PM »
Which scheduler did you use to create your logs PROducer, ? I have seen Tocasco's Amazing Clockwheel.

Offline PROducer

• Long Time Radio Guy
    • The Rooster
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2020, 08:42:38 AM »
Music Gen Lite

Offline Sojo

• There is no Present like the Time!
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2020, 02:10:14 PM »
Thanks..but I can't find it anywhere on the web.. any chance you could help here..

Offline PROducer

• Long Time Radio Guy
    • The Rooster
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2020, 03:38:14 AM »
Thanks..but I can't find it anywhere on the web.. any chance you could help here..
Its a very old program which only runs on Windows XP.  You probably won't find it online.

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2020, 05:14:10 PM »
Hi, you are testing a new version ofAmazing Clockwheel of Tocasco for windows 7 / 10, for now only beta:
http://riograndemud.com/clockwheel/clockwheel.htm
Coming soon a free full version.