RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum

TRACK ROTATION KEEPS PLAYING MORE TRACKS WHAT I SCHEDULED

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE IN WHY MY TRACK ROTATION PLAYLIST KEEPS PLAYING MORE TRACKS FROM WHAT WHAT I SCHEDULED WHEN I CREATED MY TRACK ROTATION plus it never loads back my normal scheduled programing
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 06:39:44 AM by Eldannyboy956 »

Re: TRACK ROTATION KEEPS PLAYING MORE TRACKS WHAT I SCHEDULED
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 07:08:26 AM »
CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE IN WHY MY TRACK ROTATION PLAYLIST KEEPS PLAYING MORE TRACKS FROM WHAT WHAT I SCHEDULED WHEN I CREATED MY TRACK ROTATION plus it never loads back my normal scheduled programing

Welcome to the forum. First of all, writing large parts in capitals is like shouting in a full room: it's not appreciated.

You're providing not that much information, but what could be is that you don't understand the concept of a track rotation correctly. A rotation is a "template" of tracks to be played, and will be played continiously. So if you have a rotation of say 5 tracks, RDJ will repeat that rotation when those 5 tracks are scheduled in the playlist, and again and again until you do "something" to stop this.

That "something" can be done by events. So if you want to play a rotation for one hour and then a pre-scheduled show that's in a playlist or file (or change to a different rotation), you have to make an event that after that hour stops the rotation (autoDJ), clears the current playlist and then inserts whatever you want to do (i.e. track, playlist or start another rotation (don't forget to enable autoDJ again)).

Instructions how to establish this with screenshots are available on sites like that of Johnny and/or Gary.

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 08:09:36 PM »
hello sorry for the Capital Letters ....wasnt my intentiuon to sound like that

i need help in how to program my one hour track rotation show then after that i want to return to my regular schedule programing cause im using a music schedulder called Music one and it schedules my music. please help

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 09:29:23 AM »
i need help in how to program my one hour track rotation show then after that i want to return to my regular schedule programing cause im using a music schedulder called Music one and it schedules my music. please help

It's still not exactly clear to me what the situation is. Are you making the "one hour show" with Music One or with RDJ? Or are you making the "normal schedule" with Music One?

Have you things running between Music One and RDJ? I suspect you use playlist functionality in RDJ for it?

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2020, 05:15:31 PM »
Hello,thanks for replying

I’m making the one hour show with RdJ

Plus I do my regular schedule with music one

I want to do the one hour show with track rotation RdJ cause it has that Trigger sync feature to make sure it starts at straight at that particular hour but I can’t seem to stop that hour after it’s finished and continue with my regular programming that is schedule.

Now I can do my one hour show with my music one software but the sad part about RdJ is that it doesn’t have a trigger sync to start it exactly at 10pm
Or doesn’t it have a trigger sync ?

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2020, 06:50:38 AM »
Now I can do my one hour show with my music one software but the sad part about RdJ is that it doesn’t have a trigger sync to start it exactly at 10pm
Or doesn’t it have a trigger sync ?

Yes it has. Look into events, you can make an event that takes place at exactly 10pm and loads (and starts) a particular playlist (your one hour).