RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum

Butt Encoder

Butt Encoder
« on: June 17, 2020, 04:39:05 PM »
Hi,

Not sure if anyone can help. I've been using Butt encoder for a while without any problems. I've recently changed laptops, downloaded it again, set it up... exactly as before, however now, it seems not to be working. It connects to the server (Caster FM) and will continually show as streaming... but the server drops the connection after about 30 seconds.

Any ideas what wrong? as I'm at a loss.

Thanks.

Offline FreerunMedia

• Proud user of RadioDJ
    • Radio 251 , Gewoon gezellig
Re: Butt Encoder
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2020, 03:28:44 PM »
Hi,

Not sure if anyone can help. I've been using Butt encoder for a while without any problems. I've recently changed laptops, downloaded it again, set it up... exactly as before, however now, it seems not to be working. It connects to the server (Caster FM) and will continually show as streaming... but the server drops the connection after about 30 seconds.

Any ideas what wrong? as I'm at a loss.

Thanks.

Well first of all i want to advice not to use a laptop. Is sounds to good to be true but it isn't. Laptops switch down things to presurve power and does that even when AC power is connected. You could try to put the power plan of windows in high performance and switch down every powersaving tool that can be used. Also connect through an ethernet cable and never! through wifi. It could be a great idea and not have cables running all over the place but it is unstable and more specific the 2.4ghz.

Now the best thing to do is get a (mini) tower pc. That way you have a little more power, little more room to put in extra soundcards and videocards. More cooling and hook it up with an UTP cable. You don't have to move the main playout all the time so a laptop is not the best idea to run a 24/7 station on the side table.
Running 3 editions V1.8.2 at www.salto.nl and v1.8.2 at radio251.nl. ( NOW with 2 live studio's! )

Re: Butt Encoder
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2020, 11:01:18 PM »
post the content form the butt log file

settings > main

post the content from your logs from CasterFM showsing the authentication login from butt, and then the disconnect