RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum

Now playing titles are not correct

Now playing titles are not correct
« on: June 27, 2020, 10:43:10 PM »
Hi all,

Since 5 months I have installed the wordpress plugin 0.7 on our server. It runs perfectly until I updated RDJ to 2.0.2.0.
If I verify the database connection from our Homepageserver to my local computer where RDJ is running, everything is up and running.
In one of our sites I use the RDJ shortcut [now-playing]. I see the artist and the title but artist and title are not actuel. It shows a title that I have played hours before. It is not updating. The same is with the played songs.

I searched the forum for a solution. I have read that I have to enter something inside RDJ - OPTIONS - Web Export. I have not found what I have to enter there. Is this correct or has my problem another solution?

Thanks for helping me.
Using: RDJ 2.0.2.0  -  Icecast 2.4.2  -  on Debian 9 (stretch)  -  Centova Cast  - MBRecaster 5.0.0.7 Free Version - XAMPP at Home PC with MariaDB

Offline Marius

• Radio DJ
Re: Now playing titles are not correct
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 11:14:55 AM »
The database system is the sam as in previous versions, or did you installed a newer version of MySQL/MariaDB?
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 10:29:29 PM »
No, I use the same mysql/MariaDB as before. I use MB Recaster 5.0.0.7. Inside the player on the homepage everything is correct with title and artist but the shortcut of the wordpress plugin [now-playing] does not update the current song.

Using: RDJ 2.0.2.0  -  Icecast 2.4.2  -  on Debian 9 (stretch)  -  Centova Cast  - MBRecaster 5.0.0.7 Free Version - XAMPP at Home PC with MariaDB

Offline PROducer

• Long Time Radio Guy
    • The Rooster
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 02:01:30 AM »
No, I use the same mysql/MariaDB as before. I use MB Recaster 5.0.0.7. Inside the player on the homepage everything is correct with title and artist but the shortcut of the wordpress plugin [now-playing] does not update the current song.
What browser?  I find Chrome always displays the data from a few songs back.  Not sure how to get that to work.  Firefox is fine for me though.

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2020, 08:11:31 AM »
I used Firefox and google chrome

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2020, 10:04:04 PM »
Today the content of the shortcut [now playing] is the same as the day before. The shortcut [now playing] is not updating the songs. What I'm doing wrong? It's to despair.

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2020, 03:14:01 PM »
This could be due to having a page cache plugin active in WordPress - the shortcode output will be cached by the plugin and won't refresh. If that is the case you might be able to find somewhere to exclude that page from the cache (depending on the plugin.)

One way to test this would be to put an extra querystring on the URL (?something=anything) as this should "cachebust" the pageload and treat it as though it is not cached.

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2020, 10:09:34 PM »
I have no WP Cache plugin active. When I click on "Verify database settings" I see everything is green. The last entry called:
Last played song: Genesis - Duchess at 2020-06-12 21:59:51

Since June 12th I receive no updates of songs to my WP plugin. Why the WP plugin of RDJ do not update the current song?

Offline PROducer

• Long Time Radio Guy
    • The Rooster
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2020, 08:27:14 PM »
I have no WP Cache plugin active. When I click on "Verify database settings" I see everything is green. The last entry called:
Last played song: Genesis - Duchess at 2020-06-12 21:59:51

Since June 12th I receive no updates of songs to my WP plugin. Why the WP plugin of RDJ do not update the current song?
Hmmm... since the Wordpress Plugin gets its info from your database, I'd look there.  Make sure you're referencing the correct database, and that your database is updating properly.

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2020, 11:50:16 AM »
If I run the script inside mysql on xampp then I receive an error 1558 from mysql:

Error number: 1558; Symbol: ER_COL_COUNT_DOESNT_MATCH_PLEASE_UPDATE; SQLSTATE: HY000

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2020, 03:50:32 PM »
I backed up the RDJ database.
I have now reinstalled everything new. A new installation of XAMPP and RadioDJ2020. Then I created a new user called '[username]@IP-of-my-homepage' and granted him all privileges for RDJ database as descripted in the following post:

https://www.radiodj.ro/community/index.php?topic=14381.msg79813#msg79813

Now averything works as designed  ;D ;D

Thank you all for your help in my case.