• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Import database from Gate Radio

Started by jduffas, July 10, 2020, 12:18:33 PM

jduffas

Hello,

We use Gate Radio to broadcast for an associative radio,
We would like to switch to RadioDJ, but we have got a lot of tracks, and to set categories and put again intro an outro for all those files is huge work...
do you plan to make an import database beetween from this program?
And to others programs? it's a plug-in witch could have big success... but may be hard work to do...?

Thank You.

Jean

Calypso

Quote from: jduffas on July 10, 2020, 12:18:33 PM
We use Gate Radio to broadcast for an associative radio,
We would like to switch to RadioDJ, but we have got a lot of tracks, and to set categories and put again intro an outro for all those files is huge work...
do you plan to make an import database beetween from this program?
And to others programs? it's a plug-in witch could have big success... but may be hard work to do...?

Well I think the number of different programs out there is pretty high, so even if you would have (say) 10 programs covered in import functionality, then you would still have dozens more, and people asking "could you do...". And then you'd have the programs that save their music files in their own format etc etc...

Basic import functionality is there by reading ID3 Tags from the files. So you'd "tag" your files in your current program, and let RadioDJ read it. Works good for things like title, album, artist etc. You could also provide things like intro/loop/outro etc (cuepoints), but that is less standarized. If your current program can do it, and RadioDJ uses the same format, good for you. A migration would then be less work.

jduffas

Quote from: Calypso on July 10, 2020, 03:03:01 PM
Well I think the number of different programs out there is pretty high, so even if you would have (say) 10 programs covered in import functionality, then you would still have dozens more, and people asking "could you do...". And then you'd have the programs that save their music files in their own format etc etc...

Basic import functionality is there by reading ID3 Tags from the files. So you'd "tag" your files in your current program, and let RadioDJ read it. Works good for things like title, album, artist etc. You could also provide things like intro/loop/outro etc (cuepoints), but that is less standarized. If your current program can do it, and RadioDJ uses the same format, good for you. A migration would then be less work.

Hello,
Unfortunately, the current program can't do that... it doesn't use tags, only its database and a file text .mus with the same name as the sound file, witch contains all metadata ...
thank you for your answer.

stevewa

is this it? https://www.gatesoleil.com/Gateradio_en.htm

does it use a Microsoft Access database system?

if you could export that data to text files, then you could try to change the data to fit radiodj schema, before importing into MariaDB. You could also look to hire someone on UpWork.com who could do the conversion for you.

jduffas

Quote from: stevewa on July 10, 2020, 04:06:34 PM
is this it? https://www.gatesoleil.com/Gateradio_en.htm

does it use a Microsoft Access database system?

if you could export that data to text files, then you could try to change the data to fit radiodj schema, before importing into MariaDB. You could also look to hire someone on UpWork.com who could do the conversion for you.

Hello,
Yes, it is gate soleil.
It uses microsoft access, but also text files (.mus) witch contain categories, intro, etc.
There is one .mus file for each  .wave file.(or other audio file).
I did try to convert this file to tags to include it to the audio file, but categories don't work like this in radiodj...
It should be imported into MySQL I think.

But I think I won't manage to, I'm not a developer, I can try basics things, but get file text into MySQL seems to difficult to me.

Thanks for your answer :-)

jduffas

I'm trying to get .Mus files, and to import them in mysql database.
if I manage to do the transfert, I will give you the solution.

stevewa

perhaps post a couple of these .Mus files, so we can see what is in them, and possibly offer some ideas

jduffas

hello,

Here is a .Mus file witch is a problem for me, there is a iso problem when I try to merge files (I do it from linux terminal)

"AIZELL","black hole","TRANS AF","INTERNATIONAL","2003","40","1","0","2","0"
2500,"SLALOM","AœZELL","PROMO","NIGHT & DAY"
"111110000000001110000111","111110000000001110000111","111110000000001110000111","111110000000001110000111","111110000000001110000111","111111100000001110000111","111111111000001110000111"
""

An other problem is that sometime there are missing tables, the two lasts (not important, but Mysql refuse import)

the last missing tables here are "",""

jduffas

here are may solutions for the begining :

first bash : copy all .Mus files --->

#!/bin/bash
find /Volumes/Audio2/ -type f -name '*.Mus' |
    while read P; do cp "$P" /Users/jduffas/Desktop/test/; done

second bash, complete all missing tables :

#!/bin/bash

for filename in /Users/jduffas/Desktop/fichiersMus/*.Mus;
do
#  echo "Traitement de $filename ..."

nbligne=$(wc -l "$filename")

nblignea=$(echo $nbligne | cut -c1-2)
echo $nblignea

if [ $nblignea -eq 4 ]
then
        echo '"","",' >> "$filename"

elif [ $nblignea -eq 5 ]
then
        echo '"","",' >> "$filename"
fi

done

third bash : merge all files in one only file, one line by ex-file :

#!/bin/bash

for filename in /Users/jduffas/Desktop/fichiersMus/*.Mus;
do
  echo "Traitement de $file ..."

cat "$filename" | LC_CTYPE=C tr -s '\r\n' ',' >> /Users/jduffas/Desktop/musComplet.txt
echo "">> /Users/jduffas/Desktop/musComplet.txt

done

then import it in a mysql base.

stevewa

Sorry I don't understand.
You say missing tables, but maybe you mean columns? Ie the last two data elements in the file have no values?

And what is the iso problem? You can't read the file format, or you can't write to a new file?

And what is the MySQL import error?

Sorry I need more details before I can understand

jduffas

Quote from: stevewa on July 13, 2020, 01:32:16 PM
Sorry I don't understand.
You say missing tables, but maybe you mean columns? Ie the last two data elements in the file have no values?

And what is the iso problem? You can't read the file format, or you can't write to a new file?

And what is the MySQL import error?

Sorry I need more details before I can understand

Yes sorry, I mean missing collons.
I did manages to import everything in mysql,
I will update later the script I made on my first post.

know I juste have to transfert data from a table to an other.
a php script is doing it a the moment.
I will post it too.

jduffas

Hello,
I did manage to do it, I did convert the Gate database (witch is a MS database) into a mysql database.
(in fact, the .mus file may be old files not used anymore by the app, ...they were not up to date.)
Then I did make some php files to import fields from the gate table to the RadioDJ table.
I can give the files to peoples who are interested, but they have to be modified, because I made them to import the data I needed, and categories that we created in the Gate.
this need to be changed for an other use.

stevewa

jduffas

Quote from: stevewa on July 19, 2020, 04:30:19 PM
Good job welcome to RadioDJ

Thank you!
unfortunately, one function is missing for us to be able to use it in automation mode:
on the Gate, you cat tell each track not to play on some day an hour.
For example, I don't want a track to be play on Saturday morning, because it doesn't match for a Saturday morning, so I must be able to prohibit it to be played each Saturday between 7 and 11 AM.
On the gate there is on each track window (or track import window) a check button just like the RadioDJ event window have.
This si missing in RadioDJ, and is essential for us, so we won't use RadioDJ for broadcast.
But, we will use it for searching track and playing them during lives.
We would love to switch for automation on RadioDJ too, so if this function is plan to be developed in the future, we'll be there!

stevewa

how are you planning your programming for saturday morning? are you using a rotation to pick songs from categories / subcats?
could you make a subcat to hold songs which cannot be played on sat morning?
then in your rotation for saturday morning, don't pick any songs from that subcat

subcat1 = rock_anytime_ok
subcat2 = rock_no_sat_morning

another alternative, would be to use the genre tool, to create a copy of a genre, like the subcats example above, assign the songs which you don't want to be played during sat morning to that genre, then make an event to run an sql query, which would disable all songs which have that value of genre, then those songs cannot be chosen during a rotation playlist generation. and reverse the process when saturday afternoon starts.