RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum

M3u with automatic Jingles

M3u with automatic Jingles
« on: July 31, 2020, 10:44:43 AM »
it is possible to create an M3u with only selected track, and automatically add jingles or sweepers.

Thank for reading,

Re: M3u with automatic Jingles
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2020, 09:22:46 AM »
it is possible to create an M3u with only selected track, and automatically add jingles or sweepers.

Thank for reading,

I've read it. But I don't understand what you're after. What should be in the m3u file? Only a track or a track and a jingle? Sweepers is a totally different thing since they are played "over" the start or end of a song - that can only be done through a rotation, playlist and/or manually, so putting that combi in a m3u file would result in the sweeper being played seperately (unless you do trick with the cue points but that causes other problems).

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2020, 05:52:26 PM »
I want to make lists of various categories and put them together with M3u, but understand that I then have to put this in an event so that he gets out of the tracks there.

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 06:02:22 PM »
I want to make lists of various categories and put them together with M3u, but understand that I then have to put this in an event so that he gets out of the tracks there.

With M3U you'd have a list with fixed jingles, but without the sweeper option. I'd prefer to use the Playlist Builder in RDJ and save them to the database if that's what you want (because then you'd also have the Sweeper option and Voicetrack if necessary). Except if you'd want to transfer the M3U to a different RadioDJ setup, but then the paths of the files should be the same.

If you really want to do "random" things, look into rotations.

Offline RFU

• Radio Free Ukraine
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2020, 06:26:04 PM »
I always thought it would be a good idea to have an "insert random" command in an m3u

I have some syndicated shows and I just change the file in the standard m3u I created. The only problem with that is the station ID and any commercials are always the same

It would be nice if there was a command like "Insert random commercial" or "insert random station ID"
Гордий бути українцем, Ми - Радіо Вільної України.

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2020, 07:16:56 AM »
I always thought it would be a good idea to have an "insert random" command in an m3u

I have some syndicated shows and I just change the file in the standard m3u I created. The only problem with that is the station ID and any commercials are always the same

It would be nice if there was a command like "Insert random commercial" or "insert random station ID"

Don't know if it works (haven't tried it) but worth to check if it does:

* Create "jingle" of 0.1 s or so of silence
* Create manual event that inserts random track from category (category as in jingle category)
* Add manual event to that "silence jingle" to run at start
* Add "silence jingle" to the M3U